Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slattsy's Newbury Saturday Thread

Options
  • 02-12-2017 12:20pm

As poor Slattsy is more likely poisoned from alcohol consumption than suffering from tiredness Ill start a thread for him out of pity :)

Hennessy (I know its called something different but its the Hennessy!!)

Im kinda agreeing with Aidan K that if Coneygree is fit and well he could do a Denman and cart top weight lead from the off and jump them ragged.
    Ive a small bet at 18-1 which really is huge.

Did I hear on ATR or somewhere yesterday that Mullins' handicap horses have a 1% strike rate in the UK???

I also like Label Des Obeaux at 33-1. His 3rd (of four) to Might Bite where he challenged Frodon for 2nd after staying on well could get him into the places. He should stay the extra furlong here and will enjoy the ground too.

Elsewhere I like:
    Blue Valentine in Doncaster
    Hear No Evil in Newcastle
    Out of the Loop in Fairyhouse
    The Dellercheckout in Bangor.
    Ive combined them in small stakes trebles and accum.

Best of luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

We’ve two threads now!

We’ve two threads now!

This one will have the winners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

i will hold no grudge against anyone who ignores mine and uses this
    none atall.............

NONE!!

cheeky fiver on Charli parcs/Total Recall double

Be interested to see how Charli runs this year. His nemesis from last year was well beaten recently, Nicky has always spoken very highly of Charli.
    I am hoping it starts today

Hard to be overly confident in anything winning a Hennessy *unless its called Denman* but hard to see much wrong with total recalls chances unless Coneygree has a spectacular return to form

American to place 11/8 is a huge price also today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thanks. Not hungover, the wee one was up all night!!

2 i like in the Hennessy against the field.

I think Singlefarmpayment has a massive chance if he shows the standard improvement from his first run of the year, where he cruised around but got tired after the home turn. Like most others its been laid for this race, but he has the form to win this. He will be held up and creep into contention late. Possibly should have won more races than he has but cant see him out of the places and i'll be disappointed if he doesnt go close.

The other at a massive price i'll take an e/w punt at is Southfield Royale at 40s.
    This fella is gonna pop up in one of these big handicaps soon, and although he's generally disappointed when fancied, he has some decent form in the book and he's a massive price today on some of that, so worth a little nibble. Has blinkers on first time too in an attempt to revive some of that old form!!

GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

Yes OP ITV said Mullins is 1% in UK handicaps, well I'm hoping that 1% shines today as I've backed
    Pleasant Company at 25s

Have
    Air horse one
    Amour De Nuit
    Sam Red
    Duke of Navan all in a small e/w Yankee

Best of luck all.

Pleasant Company NR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The two class horses in the Hennessy are Coneygree and Whisper, with the latter representing the value. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

Mr321 wrote: »
    Yes OP ITV said Mullins is 1% in UK handicaps, well I'm hoping that 1% shines today as I've backed
    Pleasant Company at 25s

Have
    Air horse one
    Amour De Nuit
    Sam Red
    Duke of Navan all in a small e/w Yankee

Best of luck all.

With Pleasant Company now NR its

Potters Legend 33s I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Small dbl on Air Horse one & High Bridge

2 faves hoping they come in

• Advertisement

On a different event, Buveun d'air pissssed it at Newcastle

Best contender for Faugheen come March

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

On a different event, Buveun d'air pissssed it at Newcastle

Best contender for Faugheen come March

Let’s hope they both get there fully fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Taken a bit ew on Caroles Destrier at 40s. Went well in this last year and finished strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

15:00, the Oracle selected three: Whisper@10, R'Encore@81+/-, as it's 7 places, sure why have them all on the e/w accumulator arrays
    Carole's Destrier is also indicated, but ideally with f'ins included, and thus reduced places.

The head calculates either Cogry@15/17, or Coneygree@15/17.
    Also with all the extra places, (35.00175008750438% of the field placing)
    a (6th) lucky dip also on Braqueur D'or@34 on the e/w four-fold (mostly stick ball) arrays.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

america ew for me at 11/2
    also on coneygree ew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Watching ITV here and can't tell if Byroney Frost is riding in the next?

Whisper so close. What a race

Total recall did extremely well to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

15:00, the Oracle selected three: Whisper@10, R'Encore@81+/-, as it's 7 places, sure why have them all on the e/w accumulator arrays. Carole's Destrier is also indicated, but ideally with f'ins included, and thus reduced places.

The head calculates either Cogry@15/17, or Coneygree@15/17.
    Also with all the extra places, (35.00175008750438% of the field placing)
    a (6th) lucky dip also on Braqueur D'or@34 on the e/w four-fold (mostly stick ball) arrays.

3places from six, can't complain, Results (TBC):

1.Total Recall
    2.Whisper
    3.Regal Enconre
    4.Braqueur D'or

5.P’Bay
    6.Miss’ App
    7.P’s Legend

Did Coneygree finish?

I hate to say it but is he finished at the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭kksaints

TheTorment wrote: »
    Did Coneygree finish?

I hate to say it but is he finished at the game?

Dropped away very quickly a good bit out. Was not encouraging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Paul Townend, who won the Ladbrokes Trophy on Total Recall, has received a four-day ban for using his whip above the permitted level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Paul Townend, who won the Ladbrokes Trophy on Total Recall, has received a four-day ban for using his whip above the permitted level

Which 4 days I wonder? They're f***ed if he misses Christmas.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thanks. Not hungover, the wee one was up all night!!

2 i like in the Hennessy against the field.

I think Singlefarmpayment has a massive chance if he shows the standard improvement from his first run of the year, where he cruised around but got tired after the home turn. Like most others its been laid for this race, but he has the form to win this. He will be held up and creep into contention late. Possibly should have won more races than he has but cant see him out of the places and i'll be disappointed if he doesnt go close.

The other at a massive price i'll take an e/w punt at is Southfield Royale at 40s.
    This fella is gonna pop up in one of these big handicaps soon, and although he's generally disappointed when fancied, he has some decent form in the book and he's a massive price today on some of that, so worth a little nibble. Has blinkers on first time too in an attempt to revive some of that old form!!

GL

No joy.

But there was one horse I had a few bob on that I didn't mention, which won, so overall up for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Slattsy wrote:
    But there was one horse I had a few bob on that I didn't mention, which won, so overall up for the day.

Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

No joy.

:pac:

aftertiming scum

Jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭droidman123

^^^^^
    Zimmerman in disguise

^^^^^
    Zimmerman in disguise

I knew you'd get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭droidman123

I knew you'd get it!

Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Flaming
    Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted.
    Attack the post, not the poster.
    Minor infringements will warrant a warning followed by a ban.
    Serious infringements and/or intentional flaming will receive an automatic ban.

Trolling
    A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking
    other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

droidman123
    Slattsy

Please read the sticky and follow the guidelines.
    Anyone who insults or attacks other posters will be infracted and/or banned from the forum.

Any more comments by either of you about other users will result in action by the Moderators.
    I will treat this as a minor infringement and am warning you about your behaviour.

Advertisement