Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow waxing/plucking

Options
  • 01-12-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Well lads, just wanted to get your opinions on getting your eyebrows done. Been getting plenty of pressure off the girl friends I have as my eyebrows are larger than the norm. What are your thoughts on getting your eyebrows done? Have you done it before/do it regularly? Would you recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well lads, just wanted to get your opinions on getting your eyebrows done. Been getting plenty of pressure off the girl friends I have as my eyebrows are larger than the norm.

Tell them to go be fúcked. :cool: Have you commented on their cosmetic imperfections? See how they take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Patrick_Swayze

Passenger wrote:
    Tell them to go be fúcked. Have you commented on their cosmetic imperfections?

Ah they weren't trying to abuse me or anything, was more so a suggestion that they felt would improve my image. Not like they're telling me to get a nose job, it's just removing/moulding my eyebrows a bit. I'm open to the idea but just a bit reluctant

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sharknose

Most good hairdressers, especially unisex, will offer to trim eyebrows.

If you want more, just ask !

Personnaly, the Dennis Healy look would not be for me ! :D

Sharknose wrote:
    Most good hairdressers, especially unisex, will offer to trim eyebrows.

Sharknose wrote:
    If you want more, just ask !

Sharknose wrote:
    Personnaly, the Dennis Healy look would not be for me !

Haha don't think my eyebrows are that bad now but I'll admit their prob the strongest feature on my face.

Think I'd prefer to go to a professional than a barber (no offense to any barbers out there) but don't want to risk a disaster of a trim

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

I have thought about having mine done or trimmed back in some way, but I've no idea where I would go that isn't a women's salon. I'm no oil painting but a unibrow isn't terribly becoming and it's headed in that direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Just ask whoever is cutting your hair to give the old eyebrows a quick trim, they will use a comb and a razor and shorten them down, not remove anything from the sides just reduce the length. They cut hair for a living, surely to god they won't screw up a pair of eyebrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I wouldn’t be for it at all. I’ve a good set on me and they’re staying put. No harm in a bit of a trim from the barber.

Incidentally Liam Gallagher was on Jools Holland recently. They’d played a clip of the first time Oasis were on the show and Liam reckoned the suits were fairly baff but said he’s still rocking the eyebrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

It depends on whether you want to trim the length or shape them. You can trim the length yourself if you have a beard trimmer with adjustable length. Start long and work down to the length you want.

If you want them plucked or shaped then go to a beauty salon. They’re the professionals so that’a the best place to go. I’d make sure to make the point that you want a subtle job. I see some Geordie Shore type lads who have a really obvious eyebrow shaping. So it would be important to chat to them and make sure they know you want a tidy up.

It sounds like a big deal but I bet it would be easy once you chat with the professional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

If you do try tidying them up yourself, be really really really conservative about what you remove - it's horribly easy to get into a situation like Fr. Ted and the raffle car - you keep having to remove hair to balance the shape of one brow with the other, and end up with hardly any eyebrows left at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My brother and several guys I know who have full on Angry Birds monobrows pluck just the central bit. Nothing wrong with it at all. I'd go to a professional the first time and after that you can just pluck out the individual hairs as they regrow.

I'm sure there's plenty of barbers/male grooming salons that do it these days.

• Advertisement

If you want them plucked or shaped then go to a beauty salon. They’re the professionals so that’a the best place to go. I’d make sure to make the point that you want a subtle job. I see some Geordie Shore type lads who have a really obvious eyebrow shaping. So it would be important to chat to them and make sure they know you want a tidy up.

Yeah it's this Geordie Shore etc type look I'm afraid I'll be subjected to in a salon. Think you're right in terms of making it clear what I'm after.

Has anyone on here actually had it done to themselves? I'd like to hear whether they thought it was worthwhile/were they happy with the results?

Advertisement