Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Getting Some Shelving Built in a Small Cupboard?

Options
  • 01-12-2017 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a small storage space on the landing upstairs, it's a small cupboard beside the press that holds the hot water tank. At the moment loads of items are just thrown in there and it's a bit of a mess so I had wanted to get some shelving put in there. It'd be nothing fancy, just some pine rails on the walls and some 'beams' going across them to hold various items. I haven't actually measured it but I guess it'd be a little more than two feet across and I'd probably need four shelves.

Is this the sort of thing it's best to get a handyman to do and what sort of cost is something like this? I'm afraid DIY isn't a skill of mine and I'd be afraid of hitting an electrical wire or similar.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

If you're not going to be looking at it and for what you describe (its in probaly 90% of hot presses across ireland) a good handyman should easily do it for less than 100 euros.

Use tradesmen.ie and find someone reliable with references - biggest danger here is that they put a screw in the wall and burst a pipe - but if they are any way half decent they will make sure this doesn't happen.

(If you have a fiend that knows how to use a drill and has any DIY knowledge, they might do it for you for the price of a few pints/bottle of wine)

Advertisement