Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drayton Wiser TRV thermostats

Options
  • 01-12-2017 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

https://wiser.draytoncontrols.co.uk

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these in Ireland? They're available on Amazon but I was talking to tech support who said they weren't available in Ireland and they will not be supported. They basically told me not to buy them. They will release in Ireland soon but couldn't give me date.

However they do look good and a reasonable, cheap alternative to evohome. In mean time will it be workable in ireland? I'm not sure if android app is available for general download and they said it's only through playstore

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Take a look at Tado, supports pretty much all the same options, while being cheaper the Evohome, Smart TRV's look really nice, much nicer then the Drayton ones (have a screen, boost control, etc.) and a few people on this forum have already installed them here.

If Drayton support say they won't support the devices here (actually against EU law BTW), then I wouldn't bother with them, not when Tado looks as good or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 eoghan1985

bk wrote: »
    Take a look at Tado, supports pretty much all the same options, while being cheaper the Evohome, Smart TRV's look really nice, much nicer then the Drayton ones (have a screen, boost control, etc.) and a few people on this forum have already installed them here.

If Drayton support say they won't support the devices here (actually against EU law BTW), then I wouldn't bother with them, not when Tado looks as good or better.

Ya I was looking at the Tado. The trv controllers are twice as expensive as the Drayton ones. I have 10 rads so when I priced up all parts it doesn't come in any cheaper than the Evohome.

Electric Ireland is offering nest for €130 so it's hard enough trying to convince the missus that it's worth spending more on a multizone system without it costing almost 10 times as much

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

eoghan1985 wrote: »
    Ya I was looking at the Tado. The trv controllers are twice as expensive as the Drayton ones. I have 10 rads so when I priced up all parts it doesn't come in any cheaper than the Evohome.

Electric Ireland is offering nest for €130 so it's hard enough trying to convince the missus that it's worth spending more on a multizone system without it costing almost 10 times as much

Electric Ireland seem to be offering a €1000 off Evohome if your home meets the SEAI grant criteria. Looks like it might be well worth checking out. See the FAQ's at the end of the following page:

https://shop.electricireland.ie/products/install-detail/honeywell
    How much does Honeywell Evohome Cost?

Price of each installation is based on a free quote visit. If your home was built before 2006, Electric Ireland will apply an upfront discount of over €1,000 to your final price.

As a guide on price, a standard semi-detatcehed home with 8 radiators will cost €1,215.

Discounts include €407 Electric Ireland offer plus €650 SEAI Better Energy Homes Grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 eoghan1985

bk wrote: »
    Electric Ireland seem to be offering a €1000 off Evohome if your home meets the SEAI grant criteria. Looks like it might be well worth checking out. See the FAQ's at the end of the following page:

https://shop.electricireland.ie/products/install-detail/honeywell

Ya I had them out to give a quote and it was 1550 for the install (10 rads). As I said the missus balked at the price compared to nest. Didn't want to listen to the benefits/difference of it 😒.

Anyway, at that price plus the grant etc they are charging about 1.3k for the labour for a day's work as hardware is only 1200 if you buy it all yourself. Seems a bit much imo

Advertisement