Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it too late to take up an extra subject at this time in 5th year

Options
  • 30-11-2017 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

im in fifth year and i do higher maths, chemistry biology,french,woodwork and English i also do applied maths twice a week in school. could i take up an extra subject at this time as i dont do Irish which means i am only doing 6 subjects. i am considering taking up geography as i got a b in junior-cert but i have also heard that economics is easy as well or business .i am also worried about french so that the reason why i want do do another subject. please somoeone reply quickly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Clopal

smartboyz wrote: »
    im in fifth year and i do higher maths, chemistry biology,french,woodwork and English i also do applied maths twice a week in school. could i take up an extra subject at this time as i dont do Irish which means i am only doing 6 subjects. i am considering taking up geography as i got a b in junior-cert but i have also heard that economics is easy as well or business .i am also worried about french so that the reason why i want do do another subject. please somoeone reply quickly

Its defiantly not too late! I know people who took up a subject in 6th year and with hard work they flew it, so you can defiantly do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

thanks what subject would you say it is easier to teach yourself, geography, history, economics or business

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭stargazing123

smartboyz wrote: »

From what you have wrote I would suggest you take up either geography or business. Not many people do economics anymore and business is good as long as you can keep up with the learning. For french I would recommend you get grinds and soon. If you are struggling with french, grinds would really help you gain more of an understanding of the subject and will help to achieve a better grade.

Advertisement