Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

Options
  • 29-11-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭

Have a main thread discussing this in the MMA forum but thought I'd throw up a link here if anyone was interested but wouldn't usually visit the MMA forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057740544

I have 2 codes for the beta on PS4 if anyone wants to give it a go. 1st to ask gets one.

Edit: codes gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'll take it

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone else have a spare code?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

EA is a poisoned chalice at the stage!

Any sign of loot cards to level up the fighter in the beta? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

lol this game has been ruined by EA,
    they decided to double down on loot boxes after the battlefront 2 fiasco.

everything in the game is received through loot boxes,

snippet from the article:
    Every single technique, ability, fighter, and stat roll, is entirely acquired and upgraded through the loot box system. A brand-new player fresh out of the tutorials, can dump $1,000 into the game, acquire the rarest loot drops and immediately jump into online competition with a beastly custom fighter that has an exceedingly large health pool, vastly improved endurance, and substantially stronger strikes than the average player who simply pays the $60 price of admission.

https://www.astutegaming.com/single-post/EASPORTSUFC3BETA

• Advertisement

Yet another EA game, never to be purchased by me! :)

Unless the career mode is good :P

Just for some proper info on it, that astutegaming is making the rounds and is so overdramatic and missing the mark. I'm no fan of loot boxes but yes you can buy packs for your Ultimate Team just like in EA UFC 2. I never once had to buy packs in UFC 2 and never had to grind for packs. They came naturally from just playing the game and taking part in their Live Events.

The hack who wrote that article is clearly jumping on the EA Hate bandwagon (of which EA fully server the hate) but he chose an awful example of a game to highlight. He says the game is more sluggish and less authentic than the last game. Anyone who has played both can tell you how extremely wrong he is. He either hasn't played it or played very little of it, doesn't understand the mechanincs and puts it down to stats beat him.

As for Ultimate Team, I guarantee you can buy all the packs you want but if you're not good at the game and you come across anyone decent, you will get wrecked. The skill needed to be good vastly outweighs the stats of a fighter. For example, I've been playing against guys picking McGregor online who has unreal power in his punches, can KO you easily and I have wrecked all of them with guys on much lower stats just from learning to play the game properly.

Anyway, Trump rant 'Fake News' over. Don't let EA put you off playing this cracking game if you get a chance.

Thanks for the update dude!

I really like the UFC games so far and the older undisputed titles.
    Hoping that EA don't butcher it, makes it easy for people to jump on the hatred bandwagon.
    It's clear from the comments under the linked article, that the author is playing an angle, that just isn't true!

Hoping that stays the case :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Thanks for the update dude!

I really like the UFC games so far and the older undisputed titles.
    Hoping that EA don't butcher it, makes it easy for people to jump on the hatred bandwagon.
    It's clear from the comments under the linked article, that the author is playing an angle, that just isn't true!

Hoping that stays the case :)

Believe me, I don't want EA making a balls of this either but I don't think they can afford to f*ck it like they did Start Wars as mma is still niche and sales will never be what they want it to be. With Star Wars, they can afford to take a dirty risk like they did because of the huge amount of players who will buy it for the name. I follow the devs working on EA UFC 3 and to see the amount of work and detail they are putting it, it only leaves me with high hopes. Worst case scenario, EA make a balls of the Ultimate Team model and it's the only mode that I stay away from but if it's anything like last game, the packs will come naturally through playing different modes.

If I come across any more beta codes, I'll post em up. UFC Official twitter up the beta is now open from now til Tuesday. Not sure if they made a mistake though.

Any word on if they are doing a demo also?
    I like to mess around with a demo in my own time, rather than a beta, that gets taken away from you.

I won't be playing UT mode anyway, I've avoided it for 8 years in Fifa, not gonna start now in UFC :D

• Advertisement

No word on a demo yet but looks like the beta is extended until Tuesday 5th. A petition was started to get the beta extended, I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with it but shows that people are enjoying it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Still not on PC? FFS :/ However, the fact that pay to win (or at the very least, pay to be better than someone who hasn't paid) mechanics exist in the game means an automatic no way for me.

IGN 'regrets' for jumping on the ridiculous astute gaming article showing misinformation about loot boxes.

Only one mode has microtransactions, Ultimate Team, like the last game had, like most sports games have these days. There are no microtransactions in any other mode - Career, quick online fight, ranked online, live event, knockout mode, submission only, etc.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2017/12/01/ufc-3s-beta-microtransactions-detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I think I'll avoid this. Only because I found UFC 2 online so addictive! I think I finished with a 2-1 win-loss ratio in the end but would still be playing today had I not made a conscious decision to never put the disk in the machine again!

Easily one of the best online just-one-more games I've played. Unless you come up against Khabib...

Got a tasty KO in Ultimate Team as Spiderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

^^^ Fuck, I guess I'm back in! :D

Advertisement