Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harmony hub, with the remote and GH

Options
  • 29-11-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭

My ex wife constantly looses the remotes and got the GH. Wondering if she has a Harmony hub alone with the phone app, can she control the TV and Sky box using the GH

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

thecivvie wrote: »
    My ex wife constantly looses the remotes and got the GH. Wondering if she has a Harmony hub alone with the phone app, can she control the TV and Sky box using the GH

Yes, but it is not ideal.

I've GH and Harmony. I find I use the remote 80% of the time, voice/GH 15% of the time, 5% of the time the app.

You can certainly use voice/app in a pinch, but it is not ideal in terms of user experience. I typically use GH/Voice to turn on/off the TV and mute/unmute, but then use the remote for actual channel surfing. You can use the app too, but it is a slow experience, unlock your phone, find the app, launch the app, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Will mention this to her

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement