Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers Pulling The Wool Over Our Eyes

• 29-11-2017 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭

Is there only a minority of us out there that can see that certain bloggers have a tendency to either outright lie, embellish the truth, be liberal with the truth or else make statements that are contrary to previous statements they made. RMC is always changing her mind about things. Sue claiming that her eyeshadow is not geared towards professional MUAs. And the worst of the bunch- MUF. Seriously tries to pull the wool over our eyes, over her own eyes too at times I think. When she was in blissful happiness with himself, the secret to "abs" was apparently down to a good online pt. Now she's all against online PTs. She is constantly constantly adjusting her photos to make herself look tiny. This girl is not tiny. Far from it. There's nothing wrong with her "real" figure but expecting to believe she is 2 to 3 dress sizes smaller than she actually is is pure pathetic and insulting to followers. What gives these bloggers the right to think that they can lie or present false info and get away with it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭shoegal1

More and more of the 'down to earth' bloggers that I follow are ever so sneakily trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Just be straight with us already... One blogger that I follow was asked a question today about her skin/beauty routine (cause her face looked so smooth) and she replied "instagram filter babe" lol. Now that's a gal i'm gonna keep following.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Look, at the end of the day, the only person they are truly fooling is just themselves.

I do think that following bloggers has made me a) on the one hand, buy more stuff I don't need cos a blogger has shown it and I thought oooh it looked nice, but b) I'm finding myself becoming more critical of bloggers, thinking does she REALLY like it, was something else not her favourite last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pudsey123

Great article in the Irish Daily Mail today about bloggers buying items on ali express and selling for 18 times their value on their own sites. Disgraceful especially a certain someone who has a boutique in powerscourt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bqvetkit

Not genuine prize giveaway

I've followed Sineads curvy style and did think she seemed genuine until I noticed recently she shared a prize giveaway on her page to win 2 tickets to her recent workshop on instagram lots of people entered and tagged their besties all with the hope of winning a prize FALSE HOPE!!! Sinead tagged the RANDOMLY SELECTED winner and what do u know two weeks after her workshop she checks into the cinema with the same girl and her sister whom she "randomly" selected to win the prize of the tickets. TBH i don't know was I more frustrated that she's giving genuinely nice people false hope of winning a prize or that she hasn't the intelligence to realise that people might actually make the connection ������

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Pudsey123 wrote: »
    Great article in the Irish Daily Mail today about bloggers buying items on ali express and selling for 18 times their value on their own sites. Disgraceful especially a certain someone who has a boutique in powerscourt

https://evoke.ie/2017/12/03/showbiz/gossip/ciara-odoherty-jennifer-wrynne-ali-express-products
    Evoke has covered it also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I can't stand this new age blogging, and the fact that any unqualified fool that gets lucky can make so much $$ on it.

Especially these travel bloggers, yeah way to make the places that were once unspoilt totally ruined and overcrowded with idiots with selfie sticks .. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Didn’t know where to put this but I see MUF is doing an event next yr in Harvey Nicks, €65 it’s a bit pricey, I’ve never went to any of these events as could never justify the extortionate prices they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Didn’t know where to put this but I see MUF is doing an event next yr in Harvey Nicks, €65 it’s a bit pricey, I’ve never went to any of these events as could never justify the extortionate prices they charge.

When she was talking about it on Snapchat she said it's cheaper than other workshops. But it's only 2 hours long. I'm sure Pippa's and Sue's workshops last longer than that, and they include afternoon tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Is that redemable against in store products? Really bad value if not when you compare what you usually get from makeup counters.

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    Is that redemable against in store products? Really bad value if not when you compare what you usually get from makeup counters.

Am not sure, I just seen the poster on Instagram. Honestly I would imagine it’s not redeemable against products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I was thinking the same thing about where to post this also!

€65 for 2 hours?! Seems very pricey considering like Wolfmoon pointed out, Sue and Pippa's are usually for a full day nearly. I see you get a goodie bag but seems these only ever have a few decent bits included.

I wonder how well these will sell... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

At least with Pippa and Sue's events you get a day out and a show put on for you that lasts most of the day. They wouldn't be my cup of tea but there's a lot of effort put into them.
    Joanne is basically charging €65 to be talked to for two hours. Daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    When she was talking about it on Snapchat she said it's cheaper than other workshops. But it's only 2 hours long. I'm sure Pippa's and Sue's workshops last longer than that, and they include afternoon tea.
    Cheaper than other workshops?? For her maybe - having it in Harvey Nick's means she doesn't have to pay room hire in a hotel and tea/coffee/afternoon tea rate per person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

You can get free tutorials at makeup counters with minimum purchase - save your cash lads!!!

€65 is pricey for 2 hours, but ya know there will be these “fairy fanatics” that will pay it.
    I think sineads curvy style tickets were the same price, and from what I seen on snapchat it looked to be a good day and the goody bags weren’t half bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Stephanie Lange just did a workshop with Harvey Nicks at the weekend and I think tickets were 65 for hers as well. Didn’t look very full on the video she had up on her Instagram.

The only way I could see it working would be if you were guaranteed a discount on any of the products featured or you got a voucher to spend. Paying 65 euro to listen to the same thing that they say on snapchat is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

LizT wrote: »
    Stephanie Lange just did a workshop with Harvey Nicks at the weekend and I think tickets were 65 for hers as well. Didn’t look very full on the video she had up on her Instagram.

The only way I could see it working would be if you were guaranteed a discount on any of the products featured or you got a voucher to spend. Paying 65 euro to listen to the same thing that they say on snapchat is crazy.

I can’t imagine these “selling out”! €65? Sitting in a shop? For two hours? And two hours of what kind of material? Beyond make up what are the qualifications? The mind boggles. All kinds of wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Why in the world is MUF fairy saying that pixie pout is sold out everywhere? It's clearly not . That's not even ' pulling the wool over ' followers else. ...it's complete lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Bqvetkit wrote:
    I've followed Sineads curvy style and did think she seemed genuine until I noticed recently she shared a prize giveaway on her page to win 2 tickets to her recent workshop on instagram lots of people entered and tagged their besties all with the hope of winning a prize FALSE HOPE!!! Sinead tagged the RANDOMLY SELECTED winner and what do u know two weeks after her workshop she checks into the cinema with the same girl and her sister whom she "randomly" selected to win the prize of the tickets. TBH i don't know was I more frustrated that she's giving genuinely nice people false hope of winning a prize or that she hasn't the intelligence to realise that people might actually make the connection

Surprised by this as I follow her too and always thought she was more down to earth than the others I follow. Has it been said to her or any follow up? What has been her response?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

On SC earlier she said she'd be talking about a fitness & nutrition (her personal experience), stress from dealing with a very public breakup, a long distance relationship, moving back to Ireland restarting her life, and I quote "what we as women face in every day life". There was other stuff she mentioned, but I can't remember what.
    fineso.mom wrote: »
    Why in the world is MUF fairy saying that pixie pout is sold out everywhere? It's clearly not . That's not even ' pulling the wool over ' followers else. ...it's complete lies.
    Did you see the picture on Reddit? Stacks of them in McCabes.

Sold out? Nah. Pulled from shelves for lack of sales is what I would say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

On SC earlier she said she'd be talking about a fitness & nutrition (her personal experience), stress from dealing with a very public breakup, a long distance relationship, moving back to Ireland restarting her life, and I quote "what we as women face in every day life". There was other stuff she mentioned, but I can't remember what.

Did you see the picture on Reddit? Stacks of them in McCabes.

Sold out? Nah. Pulled from shelves for lack of sales is what I would say!

Someone with no qualifications talking about fitness and nutrition, a filter and photoshop addict talking about body positivity and a lecture on dealing with the stress of a traumatic break up after a 10 month relationship....
    Erm... No thanks.

Someone with no qualifications talking about fitness and nutrition, a filter and photoshop addict talking about body positivity and a lecture on dealing with the stress of a traumatic break up of a 10 month relationship....
    Erm... No thanks.
    Exactly.

What about what Paul has had to put up with since their split and the stress he's gone through?! She needs to get over herself.

You didn't see her addressing anything instead allowing him to take flack while she added to the flames with her cryptic snaps and whatnot and she has the gall to include a segment of her workshop about dealing with stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bqvetkit

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Surprised by this as I follow her too and always thought she was more down to earth than the others I follow. Has it been said to her or any follow up? What has been her response?

Don't think it's being said she usually addresses most things on snap chat or maybe it has and she's just hoping it goes away

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GemmaG0000

Pixie pout is available online too! Not sold out at all. Can somebody please post a link to the Reddit thread? Thanks in advance.

GemmaG0000 wrote: »
    Pixie pout is available online too! Not sold out at all. Can somebody please post a link to the Reddit thread? Thanks in advance.

Link is in here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104992020&postcount=41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Did Sinead from SCS ever address that "coincidence"? I've followed her for years but having seen that post I gave up watching her snapchat. I miss it but always thought she was so honest, felt a bit left down by that revelation.

Advertisement