Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovelocker help

Options
  • 29-11-2017 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I am looking at buying an overlocker ( well its a christmas present ) I have been using a Brother . I would be happy to buy one but.. I have my mums old metal singer Machine .. its a real work horse, I am concerned about buying a new plastic type machien that just isn't great.
    What would you recommend ..

PS I live in kilkenny I would love to buy from an Irish supplier, I did try to call a dublin company but they really didn't want to deal with over the phone and I simply can't take the time off work & family to go to Dublin to look around. I can buy and have it shipped to me.
    thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mct1

Only just seen this so may be too late to help you but I have 2 suggestions:

1 SOSbrother.ie in Wicklow have all their products on the website and will courier it to you. If you ring, Susan (owner) will go through the options and help you choose. I opted for the 1034d and bought from them.

2. John at the Singer Sewing Centre in Waterford runs Sewing Machines Ireland and sells Janome, juki and other brands of overlockers (but not Brother). He will ship also and is really helpful. Bought my Janome sewing machine there.

I hope you find what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Highly recommend calling in to John in the Singer Centre for a test of the overlockers in stock.

Is it an industrial that your mum uses?

I used an install industrial in college for the last two years but I use a Brother 1034d at home, it's used for annoy 20hrs per week sewing 4 thread seams in sweatshirting and it's flying.

It's as good today as the day I got it last year. I would have bought from John but a lady bought my machine and never opened it and I bought it for 20 percent of what she paid for it. John has a great range of Janome machines.

Advertisement