Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy it for Life - what brands still produce high-quality products?

Options
  • 29-11-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭

With credit to the NIMAN's Once great brands ...... now junk. thread and r/buyitforlife what brands do boards.ie users still trust to produce quality products that should last "for life" even if they do cost more than their competitors.

In terms of tools I can think of a few examples: Zippo, Victorinox, Leatherman, Snap-On (though TBH, I'd happily recommend the Halfords "Advanced" range even though their ordinary stuff is garbage)

In the world of white-goods / consumer electronics I wouldn't have a clue any more. Did I hear recently that even Miele have now started having some of their stuff produced under license?

Advertisement