Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It Takes a Village festival in Cork April 13-15, 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Looks good.
    I see (on twitter) they're following Bilio, Talos, Wolf Alice, Alter Hours, and Young Fathers

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

Also following All tvvins, jack o rourke and ye vagabonds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/village-people-unique-live-in-event-for-cork-463699.html

Festival run by the lads behind Live at St Luke's.

Young Fathers to headline, Andrew Weatherall, Fujiya & Miyagi, Altered Hours, Le Boom and Brian Deady on the list too, as well as a literary strand with Kevin Barry, according to the Examiner.
    Tickets go on sale on December 7 at noon, and organisers say all-inclusive prices (accommodation, gigs, etc) for the three nights will be in the region of €200-€255 per head, depending on the accommodation booked.

Even including accommodation, that seems pretty saucy to me, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,206 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Are they following the lead of package holiday at holiday resorts you hear of in England?

Might go myself as live nearby, some alright bands mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Lineup is cheap muck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Mushy wrote: »
    Are they following the lead of package holiday at holiday resorts you hear of in England?

I was hoping there'd be a non-accommodation option a little bit cheaper than quoted but doesn't look like it, sadly. I live close enough too so could have travelled over to catch Young Fathers and a few others but wouldn't be springing for 200+ for what's on offer ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would be interested but the lineup isn't much use at the moment.
    Andrew Weatherall as second name, played in Wigwam a few weeks ago and it wasn't even sold out. most of the rest are small gig support fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,206 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »

I was hoping there'd be a non-accommodation option a little bit cheaper than quoted but doesn't look like it, sadly. I live close enough too so could have travelled over to catch Young Fathers and a few others but wouldn't be springing for 200+ for what's on offer ATM.

Ah if there's nothing non-accommodation based then I'll give it a skip. More of a novelty to head to a gig there really.

Advertisement