Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas FM

Options
  • 29-11-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Great to see Christmas FM back on the air, it's a pity the charity chosen to benefit from the proceeds is not to help one of the many deserving ones in this country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What's the frequency again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

"Last Christmas I gave you my cash, but the very next day, your CEO spent it on a bash, this year to save me from tears......"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

What charity are the proceeds going to??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

valoren wrote: »
    "Last Christmas I gave you my cash, but the very next day, your CEO spent it on a bash, this year to save me from tears......"

"This year to save me from tears....Ill give it to the phoenix wayyyyyyy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its still November OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What charity are the proceeds going to??

Sightsavers. They're trying to prevent children from going blind, the absolute bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Sightsavers. They're trying to prevent children from going blind, the absolute bastards.

Ridiculous really. Even if they go blind they can still listen to Christmas FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dublin City and County 105.2FM
    Cork – 106.7FM
    Galway – 87.7FM
    Kildare – 88.1FM
    Kilkenny – 104.3FM
    Letterkenny – 105.7FM
    Limerick and North Tipperary – 105.5FM
    Midlands North – 101.6FM
    North East – 99.4FM
    South East – 103.8FM
    Tralee / Killarney – 105FM
    Wicklow North – 107.3FM
    Wicklow South – 106.6FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I want to wish you a merry christmas

from the bottom of my heart.

You cant bet the aul feliz navidad

Go on the Jose Feliciano

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cienciano wrote: »
    Dublin City and County 105.2FM
    Cork – 106.7FM
    Galway – 87.7FM
    Kildare – 88.1FM
    Kilkenny – 104.3FM
    Letterkenny – 105.7FM
    Limerick and North Tipperary – 105.5FM
    Midlands North – 101.6FM
    North East – 99.4FM
    South East – 103.8FM
    Tralee / Killarney – 105FM
    Wicklow North – 107.3FM
    Wicklow South – 106.6FM

Good.
    I'll know which ones to avoid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

There also paying their CEO 150,000euro

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Aren't sightsavers originally a GB charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

This year to save me from Blindness.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

horse7 wrote: »
    There also paying their CEO 150,000euro

Just a cursory internet search says you're off the mark by 50%. It's €98,000 according to https://www.sightsavers.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Chairman-CEO-statement-Aug-2017.pdf

Even still, CEO's earn a lot of money whoever they work for.

Pac1Man wrote: »

Ask Kenneth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Nah, they play all sorts of random Christmas songs you've never heard of. I've had it on in the car since the launch and have only heard one song on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just a cursory internet search says you're off the mark by 50%. It's €98,000 according to https://www.sightsavers.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Chairman-CEO-statement-Aug-2017.pdf

Even still, CEO's earn a lot of money whoever they work for.

Yes, but they are a CEO and are poorly paid when compared to a commercial CEO.

Also, think about where the organisation would be if they did not have a decently paid CEO.

Many people think that charity work should be voluntary but do not realise that they are large organisations with international outreach that requires professional people to run it.

Of course some creamed lt like the recent CRC/Rehab CEO scandal but others aren't.

€99k is not a lot of money for a CEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,952 ✭✭✭Patser

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

No no no no, you get much weirder stuff.

On the plus side an accapella group called Straight No Chaser doing great mix ups of Christmas songs.

On the downside - Christmas Shoes, a song about a kids Mam dying at Christmas that's sung so over the toply you'd swear it was a South Park piss take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Patser wrote: »
    No no no no, you get much weirder stuff.

On the plus side an accapella group called Straight No Chaser doing great mix ups of Christmas songs.

On the downside - Christmas Shoes, a song about a kids Mam dying at Christmas that's sung so over the toply you'd swear it was a South Park piss take

I cannot bear that song. It's so mawkish.

I haven't heard 'Last Christmas' by Wham yet. It won't feel like Christmas until that comes on the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,267 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I haven't heard 'Last Christmas' by Wham yet. It won't feel like Christmas until that comes on the air.

https://whamageddon.com/#rules

"The objective is to go as long as possible without hearing WHAM's Christmas classic; "Last Christmas"."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

valoren wrote: »

I'm going to spend it on beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

keano_afc wrote: »
    Nah, they play all sorts of random Christmas songs you've never heard of. I've had it on in the car since the launch and have only heard one song on that list.

Last year wasn't great for variety and the year before was even worse (about 20 songs on a continuous loop from what I could tell). They year before that, it was like they'd managed to dig out every song ever written with any reference to Christmas and it seemed like you never heard the same on twice.
    Was listening this morning and they seemed to be going back towards variety, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

Have it on at 94.6 in the car, not 105.2. But on the online fm it has an option to play the tuner from North Pole. Anyone know how to get the north pole tuner in the car? They seem to have much better songs on there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Prevent? Or do they help blind kids?

hey-nice-shirt-i-help-blind-kids-i-help-blind-27765790.png

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Pac1Man wrote: »
    That’s easy; once a year!!!

Sorry!!

Advertisement