Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bangkok, Thailand

• 29-11-2017 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi, my girlfriend and i are travelling to bangkok in June it's somewhere we've always wanted to go since we were kids and now finally we can afford it. We mainly want to go just for the experience like the food nightlife culture etc but we want to see as much of the city as we can. Does anyone have any recommendations of any must see sights/landmarks/resteraunts etc. We're only going for 15 days to we really want to get the most out of it. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Are you staying in Bangkok for 15 days or travelling around? 2 days is loads in Bangkok really and get out to travel around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,907 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

toadfly wrote:
    Are you staying in Bangkok for 15 days or travelling around? 2 days is loads in Bangkok really and get out to travel around.

Agree with this, don't spend all your time in Bangkok, other parts of the country are far nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

Thanks for the advice guys, the hotel I've booked is free cancellation so i might shorten it to 7 days in Bangkok and 7 days in Phuket or similar. Thanks again

nerobert wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys, the hotel I've booked is free cancellation so i might shorten it to 7 days in Bangkok and 7 days in Phuket or similar. Thanks again

just be aware, parts of phuket can be party hell/heaven!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

In my opinion 2 days in Bangkok is more than enough. There just isn’t that much to see there compared to other parts of the country. I found Chang Mai to be a far nicer city than Bangkok, and a lot cheaper! Also more opportunities to see different things like elephant sanctuaries, do cookery courses, things like that.

• Advertisement

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    In my opinion 2 days in Bangkok is more than enough. There just isn’t that much to see there compared to other parts of the country. I found Chang Mai to be a far nicer city than Bangkok, and a lot cheaper! Also more opportunities to see different things like elephant sanctuaries, do cookery courses, things like that.

yea id agree, chang mai and the north is far nicer than bangkok and the south

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Even two days at the start, two days at the end.

Chang mai is a great spot and some of the islands are beautiful. The first time I went I flew to chang mai then flew to koh samui then flew back to bangkok. There's not much time to get a bus on a trip of that length.

Get a lonely planet and pick out what you fancy. The food is my highlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bulleyes

Love Bangkok.

Two spots I always seem to end up in are Sampeng lane in China town and if your there for a weekend Chatuchak market (JJ market ) 15000+ Market stalls. Easily spend a full day here soaking up the maddness and people watching.

I agree two weeks in BKK would be a bit long but theres no way two days would even touch the surface.

Fantastic city and well worth taking the time to explore.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I love Bangkok, did 3 days there first time and 5 next time. Have also been to pattaya (avoid), Chiang Mai (lovely) and Hua Hin (we met the Queen!).

Never had any instinct to go to the islands, they're pretty but at the end of the day not wildly different from the Costa beyond the scenery.

I love the temples in Bangkok, Jim Thompson's house is fascinating and something you might not expect, the aquarium, was magnificent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Caranica wrote: »
    I love Bangkok, did 3 days there first time and 5 next time. Have also been to pattaya (avoid), Chiang Mai (lovely) and Hua Hin (we met the Queen!).

Never had any instinct to go to the islands, they're pretty but at the end of the day not wildly different from the Costa beyond the scenery.

I love the temples in Bangkok, Jim Thompson's house is fascinating and something you might not expect, the aquarium, was magnificent.

+ the river and surrounding temples, Chinatown, museums, palaces, mega shopping malls, some of the best hotels in the world, markets, street food, bars, restaurants and all forms of human life.

I spend 4-6 weeks in Bangkok every year. I lived there nearly 30 years ago. I haven't seen a tenth of it and I find new things every time I go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement