Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Benidorm

Options
  • 28-11-2017 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭

After not having a holiday since 2009, I decided sod it, I'm booking somewhere. Somewhere happens to be Benidorm in mid January (it was cheap - flight & apartment for €215)

It is my first time travelling since transition, and I know Benidorm to be somewhat LGBT friendly, which helps. I also know the area fairly well, having been there in 2005 and 2006, but, if anyone has any recommendations for things to do in the area, I'm all ears :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

8 years? :eek:

No recommendations but seriously ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

It really has been 8 years, and I used to work for a travel agency, designing advertising to send others on holidays!

The plan is to enjoy myself. I'll probably rent a bike for a few days too. They're good cycling roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Never been

But I have heard if you avoid the tourist strip it is actually quite nice

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Never been

But I have heard if you avoid the tourist strip it is actually quite nice

The previous two times I was there it was very end of season, and while bits are touristy, it was pleasant.

One year we drank the apartment bar dry (with the blessing of the owner) on the last day of the season. We later got hold of the accounts - that one day was worth about 3 weeks to him!

In January though it is mostly snowbirds there for winter in the sun, so there’ll be nothing too mad going on.

Advertisement