Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 28-11-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My best friend has just found she was named in her aunties will. She was left the entire contents of her house however when we went round last night anything of value had been removed (crystal, tea sets, jewelry) non of it was worth much but she wanted it to go to my friend.
    The aunt went in to care a few years ago and a few family members have had access to the house (to look after it)...so of course when she died the vultures have raided.
    As I said there was nothing worth much but shes very upset. Does she have any recourse?
    Any advice gratefully received!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

My best friend has just found she was named in her aunties will. She was left the entire contents of her house however when we went round last night anything of value had been removed (crystal, tea sets, jewelry) non of it was worth much but she wanted it to go to my friend.
    The aunt went in to care a few years ago and a few family members have had access to the house (to look after it)...so of course when she died the vultures have raided.
    As I said there was nothing worth much but shes very upset. Does she have any recourse?
    Any advice gratefully received!!!

There's no legal advice allowed on this forum.

The advice you will get here is to go see a solicitor.

You might want to try a different forum and ask the question there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alison Cartwight101

Oh wasn't looking for legal advice (I know how to contact a solicitor)...Was looking for advice on how she should handle it in regards to her family...as i stated it wasnt worth anything!!
    But yes I will move along but yeah thanks for the non help...will not be using this board aging RUDE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Couldn't they ask the family members that took the items to give them back,thats all they can do at this stage,that not legal advice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

fepper wrote: »
    Couldn't they ask the family members that took the items to give them back,thats all they can do at this stage,that not legal advice....

You mean the vultures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

Posters should remain on topic rather than digressing into comments on the behaviour of other posters. Please move back on topic with no legal advice to be requested or given.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭brian_t

If the Aunt went into care a few years ago then anything valuable was probably removed at that stage (no point leaving it for burglers).

Unless specific items were mentioned in the will, there's probably little chance that they will be returned at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,240 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Missing from the OP is any indication of whether, immediately after the aunt's death, it was generally known that she had left the house contents to a particular person.

Advertisement