Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Other Voices 2017

Options
  • 28-11-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody heading to Dingle this weekend? Getting excited now.

Line Up includes : Mount Kimbie, Django Django, Dermot Kennedy, Wyvern Lingo and many more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm heading down to, should be a good one.

Not sure if I missed an announcement about tickets or not, I applied in the lottery but I assume I've missed out at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I'm heading down to, should be a good one.

Not sure if I missed an announcement about tickets or not, I applied in the lottery but I assume I've missed out at this stage?

I believe once you've applied or registered on the Other Voices site you'll be in with a chance up until the weekend.

Also keep an ear out on radio and their facebook and website etc....

Anybody got recommendations for pubs that will have some possible music in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 markdighuman

First time heading down after many failed attempts, any tips or advice would be welcome!

I understand that wristbands have to be collected before you can get in to various venues, anyone know how limited these are likely to be? Will be traveling after work on Friday so will have to decide how quickly we need to rush down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How come there is no Pink Floyd or Tom Waits in this lot.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

How come there is no Pink Floyd or Tom Waits in this lot.

Not sure, haven't heard them, they any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

No 'big' name this year, imo.My second heading down.. really looking forward to Hiva Oa and Touts and Bitch Falcon..You just go from bar to bar and there's always some good music on somewhere.
    Full of hipsters though !

4Ad wrote: »
    No 'big' name this year, imo.My second heading down.. really looking forward to Hiva Oa and Touts and Bitch Falcon..You just go from bar to bar and there's always some good music on somewhere.
    Full of hipsters though !

Mount Kimbie and Django Django are pretty big, but yeah no Elbow type names this year.

Really looking forward to Wyvern Lingo, Bitch Falcon, RSAG and Dermot Kennedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Looking forward to planning out my days. They posted on facebook today saying that they were releasing the schedule later this evening.

Looking forward to Bitch Falcon and Touts.

I was there last year for the first time, i loved hopping from pub to pub discovering new bands. It's class!!

Niaaller9 posted the church breakdown, not sure how accurate thou

St. James’ Church – Day by Day

Friday

Aine Cahill Dermot Kennedy Isaac Gracie Perfume Genius

Saturday

Songhoy Blues Sigrid Loyle Carner Mount Kimbie

Sunday

Django Django Wyvern Lingo Hudson Taylor (Acoustic)Booka Brass Lankum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

The schedule has been released!

434793.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

can you buy tickets or what way it works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Heading down to this on Saturday, I know the main gigs in the church are limited capacity so not expecting to get in there over the weekend, but how does the music trail work? First come first serve or do you need tickets/wristbands for these events? What do you need to register for on eventbrite?

Heading down to this on Saturday, I know the main gigs in the church are limited capacity so not expecting to get in there over the weekend, but how does the music trail work? First come first serve or do you need tickets/wristbands for these events? What do you need to register for on eventbrite?

Yeah you need to register in advance to get the wristbands. Pubs are then open until they reach capacity for people with wristbands. (I think).

No clue when the church tickets get announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Yeah you need to register in advance to get the wristbands. Pubs are then open until they reach capacity for people with wristbands. (I think).

No clue when the church tickets get announced.
    Church tickets would only be for people in the know or those with connections. People who know the organisers, local politicians, music journos etc.
    And a small handful would have won tickets in competitions. But if you won tickets, you would know about it by now.

What did people think? 6 hour drive from Dublin is the only thing holding me back from going again next year.

Highlights for me were Pillow Queens & Hiva Oa... and Mango was actually a bit of craic.

Missed Le boom and Slow Riot due to clashes so will hopefully catch them another time

Great weekend, drive from Cork was much more manageable, I actually appreciate it's out of the way from the masses, means that the quality attending will be better.

My highlights were RSAG Friday night in McCarthys, Le Boom, Slow Riot & Bitch Falcon Saturday in An Chonair, and a trad session in the Court House.

Shameful out of An Droichead Beag putting a cover charge on the door, all the Other voices gigs and streaming were pulled from there for the rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Great weekend, drive from Cork was much more manageable, I actually appreciate it's out of the way from the masses, means that the quality attending will be better.

My highlights were RSAG Friday night in McCarthys, Le Boom, Slow Riot & Bitch Falcon Saturday in An Chonair, and a trad session in the Court House.

Shameful out of An Droichead Beag putting a cover charge on the door, all the Other voices gigs and streaming were pulled from there for the rest of the weekend.

Really? Bad form.

I'm not going to miss this next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FadaCraic

What did people think? 6 hour drive from Dublin is the only thing holding me back from going again next year.

Almost a 4 hr drive from laois myself and I’m gonna be honest and say that I was somewhat dissatisfied from a Music standpoint

We had a great weekend and Dingle is a beautiful town but there was only 1 or 2 acts would see again. I think that Other Voices book acts that are under the radar hype acts without a proven track record and it showed in the live performances ( apart from Le Boom and a handful of others who connected with the crowd)

Still great to experience it and I’ll definitely head to Dingle again but maybe not to Other Voices

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was my first time at Other Voices and I was really impressed, would definitely go to it again although it is a long drive (especially when we only went for one night!). Made the most of the 30 hours or so that I was down there, thought Le Boom, Cinema & Sorcha Richardson were all really good, saw a band called Come on Live Long who were pretty good as well. Had immense craic in Dick Macks for Today FM on the Saturday night as well.

Advertisement