Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisis on Earth-X (Arrowverse Crossover) [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 28-11-2017 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭

Rather than discuss across 4 separate threads, it makes more sense to use one. :)

Order:

Part 1: Supergirl
    Part 2: Arrow
    Part 3: The Flash
    Part 4: DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Comments

That looks kind of awful..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jumped straight into Arrow as I don't watch Supergirl, was a very fast paced episode full of surprises. Might go and watch Supergirl later just for context sake. Am looking forward to Legends tonight Flash meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Jumped straight into Arrow as I don't watch Supergirl, was a very fast paced episode full of surprises. Might go and watch Supergirl later just for context sake. Am looking forward to Legends tonight Flash meh.

But you do know it started in supergirl not like last year where it was the last 2 minutes. All 4 episodes will be about the crossover and not just that programs so Flash more then likely be the end and not just the weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You have to watch all 4 parts. It took a LONG time to get going in Supergirl, but the church scene was fantastic. :)

Best Wedding Ever. :D

I know that's why I said I jumped right in.

• Advertisement

I know that's why I said I jumped right in.
    But why just jump in to arrow why not watch from the beginning. That like jumping in quarter way through a film

I'm guessing because he doesn't usually watch Supergirl. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm guessing because he doesn't usually watch Supergirl. :)

But giving it is a 4 night crossover is it not reasonable to suspect that all characters will be in all episodes and the story would start in the first show

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,313 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm guessing the waitress in the church is
    Daughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Loved the first night and that it's a full on crossover this year. So many fantastic moments in the first two parts, many of which are thanks to Mick - I'm 100% shipping Mick and Killer Frost.

Loved the surprise cameo in there last night with the return of
    Tommy Merlyn

It's hard to take Overgirl too seriously. Melissa Benoist is just too damn nice so it comes across as weird and insincere.

Pouty + gruff voice ≠ Evil. :)

I did like the Spiderman jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I did like the Spiderman jokes.

I find it weird, they've done marvel reference a few times and it still sounds weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Was that definitely the same Tommy Merlin actor? It's been so long I honestly can't remember what he looked like.

Where are the rest of the Legends by the way? At least the non-wedding-invited members of Team Arrow finally appeared, but surely the Legends should have got a heads up by now.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Was that definitely the same Tommy Merlin actor? It's been so long I honestly can't remember what he looked like.

Where are the rest of the Legends by the way? At least the non-wedding-invited members of Team Arrow finally appeared, but surely the Legends should have got a heads up by now.

Yes that was indeed Colin Donnell, the same actor who played Tommy back in Season 1 - I'm guessing the reason he only returned for a scene or two is because he's one of the main actors on Chicago Med, so filming schedule wise he was probably only free for a day; it's the reason he couldn't make it back for the 100th episode last season.

As for the rest of the Legends crew, I think Jax made a comment around the beginning of Part 2 about the Waverider literally being back in the prehistoric era, so presumably Ray, Amaya, Nate, and Zari went on a mission after dropping the rest off to the wedding, which would explain their delayed arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

which would explain their delayed arrival.

[EASY JOKE]It's a time machine[/EASY JOKE].

I really liked the second episode too. The warehouse fight was well done and there was some great humour too (like Ollie's line after arriving on his bike) :)

I think I'm going to get up early tomorrow to watch the next two before work. :)

I could listen to Melissa sing in every episode.

I'll watch them in the morning after finishing work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Really enjoying this a real return to form for all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm guessing the waitress in the church is
    Daughter

Random Jessica Parker Kennedy appearance is always appreciated. Yeah I think so as well.

Clearly Stein's Spider-Man knowledge is based on Tobey Maguire and the surrounding time's comics.

And for the second part, how can Sarah seriously fight Kara hand to hand? And Evil Oliver says they take the high ground yet clearly saw Alex shoot a soldier in the head with blood coming out, so not tranqs or any of the other things Wild Dog and John use.

I thought John was still the Arrow when he got out of hospital.

What was Firestorm doing? He seemed to just randomly drop balls of fire.

I'm enjoying it so far. I expect Cisco back in Flash. Wonder why they wrote him out.

For some reason I couldn't remember what Tommy looked like so I kept thinking of Glenn Quinn.

The tears are real after those final 2 episodes, and it was heartbreaking, but overall the Crisis On Earth X crossover, is easily one of the best Live Action Superhero Team Ups that we've gotten - especially after sitting through the sh**fest that was Justice League yesterday, this is the DC Team Up I wanted. The CW shows definitely deserve more respect than they currently get.

There is a lot wrong with the Arrowverse but these four episodes were fantastic and better than anything the DC movies have put together over the last few years.

As the Great Legend Mick Rory said.....Allergies

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was gonna jump right in and watch from the flash and legends.
    I never watched supergirl and last week due to how rubbish Arrow has been deleted it all and turned off automatic downloads for it.
    I’m trying to decide if I just get those 2 eps and watch them first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭pah

I though this was great. It really is unprecedented in terms of live action shows. I've been watching all 4 shows from the start and enjoyed them all pushing 300 episodes now :eek:

Each show has had highs and lows, dips in quality and even poor seasons that can make things heavy going but I generally liken this to following a football team where you have to take the good with the bad once you're committed. The universe building is great and they really draw well from the DC mythology.

Loved Thawne I've fought your cousin in the future.

Wonder where Leo will end up.

Blazer wrote: »
    I was gonna jump right in and watch from the flash and legends.
    I never watched supergirl and last week due to how rubbish Arrow has been deleted it all and turned off automatic downloads for it.
    I’m trying to decide if I just get those 2 eps and watch them first?
    Well let me put it this way it's a 4 hour episode. Would you expect to be able to jump into a movie half way through and know what happens. Nothing goes on in relation to the individual episodes except maybe the firestorm stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Great production all four episodes.

Definitely a bit of dust in my eye after it.

If you didn't have 'dust in your eye' during Martin's last scene or during the funeral, then you aren't human. :)

Great set of episodes. Unlike last year, there was a consistency across all 4 episodes with tone, humour, story and action.

Better than the last 5 DC movies combined. :o

• Advertisement

I wrote up a bit of a review for the whole crossover, if anyone fancies a read of it...

Arrowverse Crossover: Crisis On Earth X - Review

Advertisement