Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2018 - Query

Options
  • 28-11-2017 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,
    Bit of a situation here at the moment. To give some background I am currently in the US until next June on the 1 year graduate visa and seeing as it's very improbable to get an extension I decided to apply for the Canadian IEC visa last night for the 2018 pool.
    I wasn't expecting them to be so quick and I've already received a message back on my application account informing me I have been approved to enter the pool and have 10 days to accept the invite to apply.
    I am just wondering will the US visa hinder me? If I am successful with my application can I enter Canada within any date in 2018? or within a specific time frame? would I have to return to Ireland for a certain period?
    Any information would at all be appreciated as although I would love to go as I am very uncertain of the whole process.

Thanks a million lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

From what I've read you have a year to enter Canada to activate your Visa...I could be wrong, hopefully somebody with more knowledge can confirm.

I've been invited to apply as well.

But your grad visa is not going to be revoked or hinder your IEC visa. As far as anybody is concerned you are an Irish graduate.

I am very happy to hear about the lack of US grad extension visa because that prob saved me a year of heart ache. I was planning to do that program as a post grad student.

But quality of life might be better to the north given the madness of US these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hooter17

Thanks for the response, I have 10 days now to accept the invitation what's the best way to go about receiving the Garda vet? Also will I have to take the medical examination? Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

hooter17 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, I have 10 days now to accept the invitation what's the best way to go about receiving the Garda vet? Also will I have to take the medical examination? Thanks again

You need to write to the local superintendent to request the cert.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&

I've done it from Canada, had the cert sent to Mammy and had it forwarded it on.

You only need a medical if you want to work in healthcare or with children (e.g. teacher).

Sorry guys just one more question...I'm currently been in the States since last May will I have to get a police cert from here too? Also I have 8 more days to accept the invitation, would ye recommend I get all my documents in order an the accept at the end of the 8 days then presuming I've 20 days after to submit my whole application?! Thanks again lads appreciate the help

Sorry guys just one more question...I'm currently been in the States since last May will I have to get a police cert from here too? Also I have 8 more days to accept the invitation, would ye recommend I get all my documents in order an the accept at the end of the 8 days then presuming I've 20 days after to submit my whole application?! Thanks again lads appreciate the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement