Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a script, now what?

Options
  • 28-11-2017 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've written a nine part television series, done extensive research, a few years of world building and character development and several drafts. What do I do now? Are there any agents in Ireland who are actually capable of and willing to represent a screenwriter? I'm not talking about the pretentious twelve year old with a Hunger Games fan-fiction written in comic sans under his arm, actual screenwriters with original, fully developed stories. If not, where do I go? Has my work all been in vain? Is there a production company in Ireland who I can contact directly?

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated,

James

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Jogan6 wrote: »
    I've written a nine part television series, done extensive research, a few years of world building and character development and several drafts. What do I do now? Are there any agents in Ireland who are actually capable of and willing to represent a screenwriter? I'm not talking about the pretentious twelve year old with a Hunger Games fan-fiction written in comic sans under his arm, actual screenwriters with original, fully developed stories. If not, where do I go? Has my work all been in vain? Is there a production company in Ireland who I can contact directly?

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated,

James

BBC writers' room sometimes have an open submission period for genres. They have a drama one opening next month. (Is it fantasy/sci fi? Just when you mentioned world building)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

google up irish production companies, check their website to see if they do the kind of production you have in mind and send them an email. Ive done that with a few ideas and got asked to pitch direct on a few occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jogan6

What sort of genres have you worked with? Also what companies have you been in talks with? Have you needed an agent or have they accepted unsolicited pitches/scripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jogan6

Das Kitty wrote: »
    BBC writers' room sometimes have an open submission period for genres. They have a drama one opening next month. (Is it fantasy/sci fi? Just when you mentioned world building)

I would classify it as sci-fi, yes. Are the submission guidelines different for that genre than they are for drama alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bigsmokeintern

This info is pretty generic but might be a good starting point: https://www.screenproducersireland.com/frequently-asked-questions

Your local library should have the most recent Writers' and Artists' Yearbook (the 2018 edition) - take a look at the names there for film stuff but don't depend on it entirely, also look into production companies etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement