Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i do?

Options
  • 27-11-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am really stuck and dont know what to do
    I have been going out with my partner for over two years now. During the first year she cheated on me. I work at sea and while i was away for about 5 months about 8 months after the first incidents , she started feelings for someone eles, I took me ages to get it out of her as i knew there was something on her mind. i know she loves me and she talks about having a family etc but im just concerned that in the future something else is going to happen and i dont want to be trapped in a situation where i have to stay. What should i do?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Give it up. Long distance is very hard and nigh on impossible when you know she's with someone while you're away. It's really hard on the one left behind too. Cheating is still ****ty but it's one situation where you could nearly understand it.

Will you be away for long stretches on a permanent basis? It's going to be tough to nurture a relationship and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alexmore2

Give it up. Long distance is very hard and nigh on impossible when you know she's with someone while you're away. It's really hard on the one left behind too. Cheating is still ****ty but it's one situation where you could nearly understand it.

Will you be away for long stretches on a permanent basis? It's going to be tough to nurture a relationship and family.

Ya, i will be away for 4-5 months at a time and off for three, theres internet and sat phone which i use, ya, to be honest im thinking the same, i just dont want to make the wrong mistake you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

alexmore2 wrote: »
    I am really stuck and dont know what to do
    I have been going out with my partner for over two years now. During the first year she cheated on me. I work at sea and while i was away for about 5 months about 8 months after the first incidents , she started feelings for someone eles, I took me ages to get it out of her as i knew there was something on her mind. i know she loves me and she talks about having a family etc but im just concerned that in the future something else is going to happen and i dont want to be trapped in a situation where i have to stay. What should i do?

You've answered your own question in the last sentence.

You'll never be able to trust her.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

dont waste anymore time on this person ,,dump her ,,u never trust her after she cheated ,,my mum used to say whats for you wont pass you by:P

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

alexmore2 wrote: »
    i know she loves me

Really? Her behaviour says different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Think its clear, thank everyone,

Advertisement