Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5c turns off at 30%

Options
  • 27-11-2017 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest why an iPhone 5c would turn off once the battery gets to 30%?

It seems to happen quite regularly but not while at home and connected to the wifi for some reason.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Usually means the battery is failing. If so it will get worse.

When you connect to power after it turns off, does it come back at 30 percent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Usually means the battery is failing. If so it will get worse.

When you connect to power after it turns off, does it come back at 30 percent?

It comes back at 30 percent apparently. It's a refurbished unit purchased from Vodafone during the summer for my daughter after her SE went for a swim. Santa might be bringing her a new phone so I think I'll then send back the 5c to Vodafone as it came with a 12 month warranty.

I'd return it now only she doesn't have a spare so I'll leave it another while.

Thanks for the reply, I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix it without sending it back.

Advertisement