Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cyber Monday €5 per month Unlimited Plan

Options
  • 27-11-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭

Apparently a cyber monday deal..........

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

So if you're already a Virgin media customer you can get this plan for €5 per month for the first 5 months and €25 per month thereafter. 30 day contract.

I'm trying to see the catch here - is there one?
    I'm thinking - sign up for 5 months and then revert to current operator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭leche solara

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Apparently a cyber monday deal..........

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

So if you're already a Virgin media customer you can get this plan for €5 per month for the first 5 months and €25 per month thereafter. 30 day contract.

I'm trying to see the catch here - is there one?
    I'm thinking - sign up for 5 months and then revert to current operator.

No catch. They regularly have offers like that to attract customers to mobile. I'm with them since they started mobile and am paying €25 per month, and have had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ah, it's direct debit.
    I got burned before due to telecoms company refusing to acknowledge that I wanted to close my account and instead kept debiting from my account for a further six months.
    Perhaps Virgin are better but I'm not signing up to any direct debit options anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bump;

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-details/Virgin-Mobile/Unlimited/

€5 for 5 months offer is back. Link as all the details.

Virgin Mobile Unlimited

€ 25 per month after 5 months
    Unlimited call minutes
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited GB data
    EU Roaming Included

Price per month €5

€ 25 per month after 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 17,312 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That's very tempting - how is their 4G in Dublin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

fritzelly wrote: »
    That's very tempting - how is their 4G in Dublin?

Virgin use Three's network so the 4G in cities would be fairly good.

You would need to have a look at this thread about issue receiving SMS from some companies.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Virgin use Three's network so the 4G in cities would be fairly good.

You would need to have a look at this thread about issue receiving SMS from some companies.

Thanks, the SMS would screw me up paying by CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Bit of deal breaker that alright. Being going on since 2015. Which is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah life's too short to cope with these mickey mouse networks. I've tried them all but I'm sticking with Vodafone now. They don't have ayce data but there allowances have become more competitive and they have started rollover data on some plans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Coverage is the same as Three's, so fairly good for 4G. Speeds are (for me) quicker on Virgin, maybe less congestion?

Not receiving some automated texts is a huge pain though.

Is the text issue with VM not sorted yet? I thought that they were adding numbers based on the feedback given in the thread.

Is the text issue with VM not sorted yet? I thought that they were adding numbers based on the feedback given in the thread.

Some numbers but not all, that's the problem.

• Advertisement

Not sure how that is supposed to work
    You didn't receive a text? Ok can you tell us the number you didn't get the text from?
    Ridiculous - why does no other company have this problem

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not sure how that is supposed to work
    You didn't receive a text? Ok can you tell us the number you didn't get the text from?
    Ridiculous - why does no other company have this problem

All mnvos have the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Three network in Dublin is not good. Look up numerous threads about slow speeds, network defaulting to edge network where 3g and 4g is available. I spent five years with them before switching to meteor. The difference was like night and day, the network simply worked. No hanging pages looking at the edge symbol in an area where I knew 4g was available. Unless there's been a drastic change in the last year I would avoid...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Three network in Dublin is not good. Look up numerous threads about slow speeds, network defaulting to edge network where 3g and 4g is available. I spent five years with them before switching to meteor. The difference was like night and day, the network simply worked. No hanging pages looking at the edge symbol in an area where I knew 4g was available. Unless there's been a drastic change in the last year I would avoid...

+1 ... I was getting tired of Three’s data network and switched to Vodafone back in March, the difference is very obvious I am not going back.

Advertisement