Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim free Phones

Options
  • 27-11-2017 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know anywhere that supplies both simfree versions of the latest Android and Apple Devices? I am obviously aware of the availability of these devices especially at Christmas.

Its not personal use, so waiting is not an issue, I would just rather buy them all from the one distributor.

If that makes sense.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Amazon do sim free phones at good enough prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

jhud wrote: »
    Amazon do sim free phones at good enough prices.

Thanks, I kinda need someone local though, doesnt appear to be anyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Currys \ pcworld or argos any good to you.
    Also see carphonewarehouse seem to be doing sim free now aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

jhud wrote: »
    Currys \ pcworld or argos any good to you.
    Also see carphonewarehouse seem to be doing sim free now aswell

thanks, thats a good suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

On this note. Any recommendations on a SIM free phone? I have an iphone through work, and it's on the blink. As I am on a contract through work, if I upgrade or get a new phone, I'll have to sign a new contract, but I don't plan on staying there for much longer, so a SIM free phone would do the trick. I'm not married to an iphone, so anything else would be fine.
    I'm into fancy expensive phones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pixel XL from Google direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

The Vodafone smart v 8 is pretty good, €199 on the site with a voucher for an Irish rugby jersey.
    Call into tesco, get a sim for €5, register it and buy the phone as a number change on the Vodafone website, knocks €50 off the price bringing it down to €150 with the rugby jersey. Very good deal, I did it last week.
    Think the sim might be free from eir/meteor. It will need to be activated and able to receive a text to confirm its in use. Very easy to do tho.
    Unlock codes can range from €1.50 on eBay and you'll have it in 10mins so it will end up sim free.
    All in it would be less than €160 plus the free jersey.

Advertisement