Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volcano eruption in Bali!!

Options
  • 26-11-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

How likely is it to affect flights into BKK?
    I'm have flights booked next week 😓

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The press said the 4km high ash clouds were moving away from the airport. But as most Volcanologists will tell you, a big one is usually preceded by a smaller ones such as this. This is the second on this week (Tues). Last big eruption there was 1963 that claimed 1,600 lives.

Between this, Iceland and increased reporting of booming sounds and fireballs across the globe makes you wonder if aul Wormwood (planet x) is finally making it's approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sandbelter

You'll be fine, but have travel insurance. 

Given prevailing winds and the southern "wet season" has started, I would expect the ash to head south.

Indeed it's currently erupting and ash is falling southwards.

So enjoy your, holiday but if you want a volcano to fret about.....I'd look at Vesuvius.  It's been very restless lately. 

http://sismolab.ov.ingv.it/sismo/index.php?PAGE=SISMO/last&area=Vesuvio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

sandbelter wrote: »

Given prevailing winds and the southern "wet season" has started, I would expect the ash to head south.

So enjoy your, holiday but if you want a volcano to fret about.....I'd look at Vesuvius.  It's been very restless lately. 

I'm not worried at all to be honest. I just don't want my flight cancelled!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

LEVEL 4 now for Bali.

Indeed, 9mile wide Vesuvius could be very nasty, one chap I follow for trend forecasting and event predictions on exchange markets (e.g. 'Brexitrumpious', specifically mentions that Naples will be evacuated during 2018, because of this. No mention of Yellowstone though. As a side note also thinks Kim will be 'internally removed' during Dec/Jan.

The Italian zone has had x8 super eruptions in the last 17,000 years. The 79 AD eruption is one of the most well-known ancient eruptions in the world, and may have killed more than 16,000 people back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

sandbelter wrote: »

So enjoy your, holiday but if you want a volcano to fret about.....I'd look at Vesuvius. It's been very restless lately.

Just double check your travel insurance, there was a guy on RTE News at 1pm saying they no longer will pay out for disruption caused by a Volcano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Just double check your travel insurance, there was a guy on RTE News at 1pm saying they no longer will pay out for disruption caused by a Volcano.

Would the airline pay out in that case?
    Or put me on the next plane?
    I'm not worried about getting home, just getting there. 😀😀😀

Advertisement