Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription options...

• 25-11-2017 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm considering a fortnightly or monthly coffee sub.

I used to have a monthly 3fe one which was nice but had to let it run out as my Gaggia Classic went on the blink. As much as I love my aeropress I feel I get better value from a sub if I'm able to try the coffee in filter absolutely but also as espresso and milk based drink.

So anyway 3fe is an option but what others are out there.

I don't want a dark roast so has to be a company who does a light roast (which I'd expect from any proper roaster at this stage tbh)

Last question is I work in town these days so is it even worth my while getting a sub. As in I can pick from the likes of 3fe and coffeeangel in town so do the subs offer something different I can't pick up in the shop?

I assume price wise if you do a sub it works out similarly to if you're buying the coffee in a shop but as I say does it offer something different?

And I am looking around myself online here too but just I'm posting this as I'm sure there has to be a few here who have a sub or experience in the area.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

I’ve only signed up to a 6month sub yesterday, got 15%off plus a glass keep cup which is free. I have read nothing but good reviews regarding bailies who are based in Belfast.

Check it out here

https://www.bailiescoffee.com/collections/coffee-subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That's a great deal with the BF 15% - did not know it also applied to subs. There is some good value in Sterling subs with the exchange rate these days but the Bailies shipping deal makes it a steal - have only had excellent experiences with them also in terms of delivery speed

On the plus side, subs give you a nice surprise each month and you might discover something you never would have picked yourself, but you could also end up with a coffee that isn't to your taste either.

I think it is definitely fun to try one bag a month say, along with some other beans you choose yourself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yep.....gone back to Bailies after a couple of years with Badger & D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

mad m wrote: »
    I’ve only signed up to a 6month sub yesterday, got 15%off plus a glass keep cup which is free. I have read nothing but good reviews regarding bailies who are based in Belfast.

Check it out here

https://www.bailiescoffee.com/collections/coffee-subscriptions

Thanks a mil for that.

I went with the 12 month espresso sub.

Looking forward to it now. Works out at just over €7 a bag. That's very good value in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Thanks for heads up on the black Friday discount.

I've taken out the microlot sub. Have had some lovely coffees from them recently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Musa Unkempt Spectrum

whats the difference between the expresso and microlot coffees?

I assume an americano can be made from an expresso blend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

whats the difference between the expresso and microlot coffees?

I assume an americano can be made from an expresso blend!!

Espresso eh. Only kidding.

One difference tends to be the roast of the bean.

Although it doesn't have to be espresso tends to be a slightly darker roast than filter.

Essentially go with the espresso blend of you are going to use a proper espresso machine.

If you're going to go the French press, aeropress etc route then go with the filter option.

Also if you don't own an aeropress buy one! Best €30 I've ever spent.

Ps if you make an espresso you can make an americano but seriously screw americano, it's all about filter and as you can see my preference for filter is aeropress. :-)

Although it doesn't have to be espresso tends to be a slightly darker roast than filter.

Essentially go with the espresso blend of you are going to use a proper espresso machine.

If you're going to go the French press, aeropress etc route then go with the filter option.

Ps if you make an espresso you can make an americano but seriously screw americano, it's all about filter and as you can see my preference for filter is aeropress. :-)

Thanks.
    I've an aeripress a

Thanks.
    I've an aeropress and honestly can't see what all the fuss is about ( hangs head in shame ;))
    My v60 does as nice a job.

I tried ordering a 6 months sub and a pack of Christmas blend and its saying my order doesn't qualify based on location....any ideas?

• Advertisement

I tried ordering a 6 months sub and a pack of Christmas blend and its saying my order doesn't qualify based on location....any ideas?

Eh where are you ? I ordered exact same, Dublin.

Eh where are you ? I ordered exact same, Dublin.

This is what I'm getting
    Customer information does not meet the requirements for the BLACKFRIDAY discount code

Based in Dublin

This is what I'm getting
    Customer information does not meet the requirements for the BLACKFRIDAY discount code

Based in Dublin

I’ve gone through whole process and says enter address, discount showing. Maybe register an account first then retry.

Oh just Incase anyone wants to buy something in here.

https://coffeeangel.com/shop/sale

I’ve gone through whole process and says enter address, discount showing. Maybe register an account first then retry.

Tried that. Were there any boxes to tick. It must be something I'm missing!

Tried that. Were there any boxes to tick. It must be something I'm missing!

No none. Log out maybe and checkout as guest?

No none. Log out maybe and checkout as guest?

still no joy. i'll call them tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

ORdered this, forgot to put in the code as I'm half asleep.

Weepsie wrote: »
    ORdered this, forgot to put in the code as I'm half asleep.

Give them a ring

Give them a ring

Did that, the person I need is on lunch. It's still a good price if I can't amend it.

• Advertisement

I see Bell Lane have just launched a new subscription option today but seems to be just a single variety in a 500g every month option.

They refunded me 15%. Super customer service. I'll have to order from them more often.

Update.
    For some reason I he code worked on my phone this evening. They must have fixed the problem.

6 months microlithiasis and 2 bags of Christmas blend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

6 months microlithiasis and 2 bags of Christmas blend:D
    Ugh... Sounds like you'll need more than the Christmas blend to get you through the microlithiasis. Best of luck with the recovery. ;)

Ugh... Sounds like you'll need more than the Christmas blend to get you through the microlithiasis. Best of luck with the recovery. ;)

That should have read microlot which is a lot less painful....I hope:)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Dear Green Coffee deliver their subs from Glasgow to ROI without surcharge. Quality roaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

I had a subscription with Badger & Dodo for a couple of years but did not renew last year. It was costing around 110 euro for 12x250g of beans each month working out at around 9 euro for 250g. Although the coffee was excellent there is always offers on to get good coffee beans cheaper if you look around, plus I was free to try different companies. As well as that some of the supermarket beans can be excellent value for money at a fraction of the cost

My order just arrived :) what's the spoon for?? ;)

My order just arrived :) what's the spoon for?? ;)

Jaysus mine hasn’t.

It’s a posh supping spoon to taste your coffee

• Advertisement

Bell Lane now doing subs too
    http://www.belllane.ie/subscriptions/

Contacted them about doing a variety / single origin option and it is on the way apparently!

Advertisement