Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SS Gabba 3 or Perfetto Light?

Options
  • 25-11-2017 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to decide which to ask for as a Christmas gift. I already have a LS Gabba 2 and a few lighter long sleeve jerseys which are wind proof so I decided something short sleeve but warmer than a regular SS jersey. I run cold at the best of times and regularly wear my LS Gabba on evening spins in the middle of summer.

The short sleeve Perfetto is wind proof at the front but has a lighter type material at the back whereas the SS Gabba has the same windstopper gore material front and rear.

I can see the benefits of both and ideally I’d get both but that’s overkill and I need to narrow it down to one.

The Gabba3 is €83 delivered from Sigma but the best price I can find for the Perfetto is €97 (I want the Luna Grey colour and it’s only available in limited places)

Opinions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I Just got the gabba 3 from sigma for 82. Use new5 for a discount. When it arrived I realised I should have got the perfetto so when it was on CR for 90 I bought that as well. She's getting me both for xmas so happy days. I wore the gabba 3 with a long sleeve base layer the other day for 56 kms and it was 3 degrees and I was just fine.
    The perfetto will be for the rainy days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I Just got the gabba 3 from sigma for 82. Use new5 for a discount. When it arrived I realised I should have got the perfetto so when it was on CR for 90 I bought that as well. She's getting me both for xmas so happy days. I wore the gabba 3 with a long sleeve base layer the other day for 56 kms and it was 3 degrees and I was just fine.
    The perfetto will be for the rainy days

But the Gabba is more suitable for rainy days as the entire jersey is rain proof whereas the back of the Perfetto is a fleecey material and not rain proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

But the Gabba is more suitable for rainy days as the entire jersey is rain proof whereas the back of the Perfetto is a fleecey material and not rain proof?

Not the long sleeve version of the Perfetto as far as I know. There is only a short sleeve Gabba now and the long sleeve version is called the Perfetto.

The short sleeve Perfetto is as you describe with a different material on the back to the Gabba

https://roubaixcycling.cc/2017/09/11/castelli-perfetto-2-light-and-a-guide-to-the-gabba-family/

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

I have all 3 by the way. L/S Gabba 2, Short Sleeve Gabba 2 and Short Sleeve Perfetto.

For Irish weather its hard to beat the Gabba to be honest. Also I found the Short Sleeve Perfetto fits smaller than the Short Sleeve Gabba. Its more race fit. I have all 3 in Medium and the Perfetto is definitely the tightest fit

coach22 wrote: »
    Not the long sleeve version of the Perfetto as far as I know. There is only a short sleeve Gabba now and the long sleeve version is called the Perfetto.

The short sleeve Perfetto is as you describe with a different material on the back to the Gabba

https://roubaixcycling.cc/2017/09/11/castelli-perfetto-2-light-and-a-guide-to-the-gabba-family/

Ah yes that’s correct, forgot that the SS was slightly different to the LS.

I think I’ll go with the SS Gabba, like I said I run cold and I think I’ll get more use out of a Gabba than a Perfetto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

My perfetto arrived this morning and the back of it is not fleece.
    Its the same material all the way through and it says on the label that it is basically the long sleeve gabba, which is the reason i bought it.

My perfetto arrived this morning and the back of it is not fleece.
    Its the same material all the way through and it says on the label that it is basically the long sleeve gabba, which is the reason i bought it.

Yeah the the long sleeve Perfetto is basically the same as my long sleeve Gabba 2 but the short sleeve Perfetto has a different non rain proof material at the back.

Anyway I ordered the SS Gabba 3 from
    Sigma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I've the ss gabba... great but if kit but I end up putting on a jacket instead if it's proper wet!... this is cos my arm warmers aren't waterproof/heavy enough.
    Are the nano flex combined with gabba ss as good as long sleeve gabba in that regard?(sorry for slight derail)
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

martyc5674 wrote: »
    I've the ss gabba... great but if kit but I end up putting on a jacket instead if it's proper wet!... this is cos my arm warmers aren't waterproof/heavy enough.
    Are the nano flex combined with gabba ss as good as long sleeve gabba in that regard?(sorry for slight derail)
    Marty.

I have the nano flex arm warmers to use with my ss gabba but I don’t find them that good.

If I was going again I would go for the long sleeve option.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Hi Guys, can I get some advice on sizing, I've been reading I should go up a size to normal, what's your experience ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭jamesd

Yes I had to go up 1 on my usual Castelli size

Etc wrote: »
    Hi Guys, can I get some advice on sizing, I've been reading I should go up a size to normal, what's your experience ?

I'm 5'11"with 38" chest and 32" waist and size L in the Gabba is perfect fit. I'm usually size M in most other jerseys (Altura, Hincapie, Gore)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Thanks for the replies all.

Advertisement