Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Radiators not working... help

Options
  • 25-11-2017 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all, some advice needed before I call out plumber. 3 radiators downstairs not heating. pipes to all 3 are cold. (2 in same room, 1 in another)
    1. heating is on
    2. valves are turned all the way anti-clockwise.
    3. have been bled, water came out straight away.
    4. turned off all radiators in the house (14) but 1 of the ones not working, it still didn't heat up.

Radiators about 10 years old. Hot tank was changed out about 2 years ago and system was re-balanced at the time.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

jubi lee wrote: »
    Hi all, some advice needed before I call out plumber. 3 radiators downstairs not heating. pipes to all 3 are cold. (2 in same room, 1 in another)
    1. heating is on
    4. turned off all radiators in the house (14) but 1 of the ones not working, it still didn't heat up.

Radiators about 10 years old. Hot tank was changed out about 2 years ago and system was re-balanced at the time.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks all.

What type of valve is it? Mine was jammed shut so I took the top part up and pulled it up with a pliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What does your boiler pressure read?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

What type of valve is it? Mine was jammed shut so I took the top part up and pulled it up with a pliers.

just normal valves no the thermostatic type

endacl wrote: »
    What does your boiler pressure read?

I don't know what boiler reads. I've oil central heating, don't see a pressure reading on it outside? but am assuming if all other rads heat up fine, boiler is ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

jubi lee wrote: »
    1. heating is on

Anything else I can try?

Thanks all.
    " 2.valves are turned all the way anti-clockwise" , Did you do this to the valve on one side of both valves on the rad

• Advertisement

agusta wrote: »
    " 2.valves are turned all the way anti-clockwise" , Did you do this to the valve on one side of both valves on the rad

no just the right hand side

Advertisement