Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Netatmo (S/H) Thermostat going

Options
  • 25-11-2017 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭

Mode: If this isn't allowed, then please delete.

OK, I had zoned heating installed with EPH controls so am getting an Ember.

But, the dumbass sparky cut the wires for my existing Netatmo relay nearly at the base of the unit (although could easily be fixed if you're so inclined to solder extensions on).
    So, as I don't need it and cant really sell it for anywhere near it's full value now, I'm offering it to someone who is short on funds but could use one.

It wouldn't be right of me to ask for money for it as they're only going for £100 on Amazon at the mo, but if you would donate something to either Autism Action Ireland (or even better, a local autism support charity in your area), Mens Sheds Ireland or Pieta House (say €25), and send me some sort of proof (paypal snippet or screengrab or whatever) then I'll send it on to you, postage paid.

I've used it for just over a year. Still have the box, the plug attachment for the relay, faceplate, room stat etc. Basically the full shebang, but the relay has wires chopped off nearly at the base (about an inch to play with), so soldering would be required to reconnect it.

Let's not be knobs here. If you can afford the ton for a new one, then don't offer the 25 when this might benefit others less well off. Maybe your elderly parents could use one to save heating costs. If so, perfect. Buy it for a pittance and help a worthy charity at the same time.

Like I said, Mods, if this is out of line, I'm sorry and delete away.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'd assume it was the relay cable that cut the cable like that, I'd assume you could take that cable off and put the plug end on the relay instead and plug the relay into the wall, for people who aren't using the relay connected to the boiler?

Just FYI, as some people might not need the relay on the boiler, I don't in my Netatmo setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Pique wrote: »
    Mode: If this isn't allowed, then please delete.

OK, I had zoned heating installed with EPH controls so am getting an Ember.

But, the dumbass sparky cut the wires for my existing Netatmo relay nearly at the base of the unit (although could easily be fixed if you're so inclined to solder extensions on).
    So, as I don't need it and cant really sell it for anywhere near it's full value now, I'm offering it to someone who is short on funds but could use one.

It wouldn't be right of me to ask for money for it as they're only going for £100 on Amazon at the mo, but if you would donate something to either Autism Action Ireland (or even better, a local autism support charity in your area), Mens Sheds Ireland or Pieta House (say €25), and send me some sort of proof (paypal snippet or screengrab or whatever) then I'll send it on to you, postage paid.

I've used it for just over a year. Still have the box, the plug attachment for the relay, faceplate, room stat etc. Basically the full shebang, but the relay has wires chopped off nearly at the base (about an inch to play with), so soldering would be required to reconnect it.

Let's not be knobs here. If you can afford the ton for a new one, then don't offer the 25 when this might benefit others less well off. Maybe your elderly parents could use one to save heating costs. If so, perfect. Buy it for a pittance and help a worthy charity at the same time.

Like I said, Mods, if this is out of line, I'm sorry and delete away.

Fair play.

I’m moving home in the new year and am leaving the Nest behind for the new owners. I’m handy with a soldering iron, will happily take it off your hands and will more than happily make a donation if you’re up for it. However, I won’t lie and I can afford a new one. I’ll leave it up to yourself. PM me if you want to take me up on the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

It's a simple job to extend the cables. I have one of these Netatmo relays, love it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Sorry guys. It's gone to someone who could use it. They contacted me via pm and have a friend who could help with the soldering bit.

Yes it's the cable from relay to boiler that's cut. The plug attachment is still there.

I don't have the wiring diagram anymore but if someone could put it here to help him extend the wires I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Advertisement