Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you eat on night shift?

Options
  • 24-11-2017 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Don't tend to work during the night that often but when i do i never know what to be eating.

Tonight for example I had a pasta dish at 8pm a couple of coffees up until 12am then i had a bowl of porridge at 3am and another coffee with a bar. I just feel i could keep eating through the night. It really messes up eating pattern.

Should i just fill myself up before i get too work and try not to eat during the night. Can anyone give any advise? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

On the first break of a night shift I'd have more of whatever I'd had for dinner earlier that night. Or soup. I make decent soup.
    Second break would be fruit and water.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Exact same thing I'd eat dyeing the day except 12 hours later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Usual breakfast type thing before work, cuppa at eleven, lunch/dinner around two and another cuppa maybe with sandwich/small salad around half four/five..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

cup a soup about 9 sandwich about 12 and I'll have cereal or toast before I leave

Drink plenty of water, always helped me on nights. I'd feel really ****ty the nights i forgot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Packet of Tayto, hang sandwich and a mug of tae

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

The inner organs of fowl and beasts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Amphetamines

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

blackdog2 wrote: »
    The inner organs of fowl and beasts

With relish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Night shifts are a disaster for your mental and physical well being. Try and get away from them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Fanny

I hope it's ripe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

My own tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I have my breakfast when i get home in the morning. Then after six hours sleep get up and make dinner. I also prepare sandwiches and make soup for the night shift.
    One advantage of a night shift is seeing all the miserable faces on Monday morning when you are on your way home:P. Cons... i miss my weekends. Also feeling like a zombie when I wake up in the late afternoon. Thankfully i don't do night shifts that often, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I've never been on a night shift

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Loads of solpadene and coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Thank you to all the people who work the night shift. I've needed the hospital and the guards in the last year and damn grateful I was too. Mind yere health folks😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Currently still doing a 18 hour shift. I had my dinner at 6pm yesterday, pot noodle around 11pm, and grazing on banana and those Fulfil protein bars. They're actually quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Loads of solpadene and coffee

No no don't do this. Solpadeine should put you to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I probably eat more when on nights. Dinner before I head out at about 5-6pm. 8pm start, then at work a cereal/chocolate bar and a cup of tea about 11-12pm, something pasta or rice based meal about 4am, and if have time, a bowl of cereal sometime between then and 8am/finish. Tea and toast back at home before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Big take away pizza plus can of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Ate nothing healthy anyway.
    Breakfast roll before going to sleep.
    Some big feed of a takeaway at sometime during the night.

Advertisement