Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Electric Guitar Practice Amp?

Options
  • 23-11-2017 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭

Basically what Electric Guitar Practice Amp do you use?
    Or do you use something else?

Intend picking up the guitar again, just to chill out with. Never really liked practice apps, all sound kinda fly in a bottle to me.
    That said there are better options these days with the Fly3 and the Katana Mini etc. Also I don't really have space for something better or bigger.
    I don't plan on doing anything other than noodling on it.

Curious what other people use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I use a Yamaha THR 10 in the living room. Great low volume practice amp. Sounds good, has a few basic effects and looks great on the bookcase.

32552364475_a37cf2ef81_z.jpg[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The Fly3 (now with bluetooth) is best for the 'mini of mini' sized (the only thing same quality and smaller is headphone amps).
    Saying that it only has delay and thus it's not comparable to true stereo reverb even on emulation.
    The speakers are a bit tinny 70+hz, the emulated phones/line out sounds much better.
    Also the cord is just 1m and a funny RJ type connector.

Best alternatives: Core10 (better claim to wide-stereo {via chorus/reverb} than Fly, still with ISF.
    Same price is the Microcube, only 3w mono. Twin power options as the Fly.

Best sounds in the next classes (20w) might well be the Mustang, bigger speaker/cab but the combo can be lifted with 1 finger.

The THR above looks good, but double the monies, someone had one on stage on Jool's show recently.

Advertisement