Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old games for xbox

Options
  • 23-11-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Partner has resurrected old Xbox console (the first one ~2005). Want to get some games for him for Xmas if possible. Can you buy games for this still secondhand? If so - where? Ebay? Also, games recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Apols if there is thread already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

You could have a look in CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

daphne wrote: »
    Partner has resurrected old Xbox console (the first one ~2005). Want to get some games for him for Xmas if possible. Can you buy games for this still secondhand? If so - where? Ebay? Also, games recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Apols if there is thread already.

No promises - but I believe I have Street Fighter 3rd strike, NFL Steet and SSX3 still floating around , I'll check this evening. You can have them for free, I'll cover the cost of postage if you make a charity donation for the same amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭daphne

Thanks very much Stone Deaf - that's very kind of you. I will indeed. Let me PM  you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I also have a few games that I can send over under the same deal as Stone Deaf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Delta1138 wrote: »
    You could have a look in CEX.

Yeah, I bought dozens for peanuts from UK cex but Irish cex has a lot too.

https://ie.m.webuy.com/search?sPage=1&catid=[673]&stext=*&sortOn=sort_by_relevance&sPgSize=25

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

You can buy some on amazon. Search "Original xbox games"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

just to keep anyone who might be sending games in the loop and avoid duplicates,

I've sent off:

Halo 2
    Mercenaries
    Tony Hawks Underground
    Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

Nice to see them going somewhere they'll be played again.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭daphne

Thanks for the very kind donation guys. Much appreciated. Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just to keep this going, I have 2 games, priced them on CEX, one worth 10c and the other 50c. Championship manager 2002 and Blinx respectively. Yours if you want to pm me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

The optical drive on the original xbox was, unfortunately, not built to last. Your partner should probably be mindful of this.

In 2012 I tried to resurrect my 8 year old xbox (which was hardly ever used to begin with). It was very selective in what games it would run - even if the discs were near perfect. Eventually I just put it back in the box out of sheer frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The optical drive on the original xbox was, unfortunately, not built to last. Your partner should probably be mindful of this.

In 2012 I tried to resurrect my 8 year old xbox (which was hardly ever used to begin with). It was very selective in what games it would run - even if the discs were near perfect. Eventually I just put it back in the box out of sheer frustration.

You can take apart the DVD drive and install a new laser.

Advertisement