Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOS 11.1.2 Now Released

Options
  • 22-11-2017 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

The title says it all:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

PaulT21 wrote: »
    The title says it all:)

According to this article https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/11/18/apple-ios-11-1-2-release-should-you-upgrade-iphone-ipad/#430a0fd034c9

dont bother with the update! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You are probably only getting the notification now, but this has been out for almost a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

This has destroyed my phone, everything is buggy and no longer fluid and slippery fast like it was. I’m on a iPhone 7 128GB and I’ll never again buy an Apple after this, total planned obsolescence and I made such a mistake to accept the download from iOS 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Doltanian wrote: »
    This has destroyed my phone, everything is buggy and no longer fluid and slippery fast like it was. I’m on a iPhone 7 128GB and I’ll never again buy an Apple after this, total planned obsolescence and I made such a mistake to accept the download from iOS 10.
    Something up with your phone, not any planned obsolescence. I'm on an iPhone 7 and have had no problems with any of the updates, nor have my work iPhone 6, nor my mother's iPhone 6S. Try a clean install, you'll probably find the problem lies with an app losing the run of itself rather than with the updated OS.

Safari is all over the place, having to kill all apps and restart 2 to 3 times a day, Whats App is slow and unresponsive, I have a three year old Samsung Galaxy Core Prime I keep as my spare travel phone and I swear my iPhone touch screen has been downgraded to similar touch screen sensitivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How do you link to planned obsolescence when you have a software problem? That's a big jump.
    Safari is all over the place, having to kill all apps and restart 2 to 3 times a day, Whats App is slow and unresponsive, I have a three year old Samsung Galaxy Core Prime I keep as my spare travel phone and I swear my iPhone touch screen has been downgraded to similar touch screen sensitivity.

I have it running over a week now without any issues. I'd say it's something specific to your phone.

Maybe you should wipe and restore.

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do you link to planned obsolescence when you have a software problem? That's a big jump.

I have it running over a week now without any issues. I'd say it's something specific to your phone.

Maybe you should wipe and restore.

I restored and I think it was caused by rougue and outdated apps, I had old apps going back to 2010 and some of them were downloaded when I was jailbroken before on the iPhone 4, a cull of old apps and a fresh download seems to be fixing it but its spent the last 3 hours downloading apps and god only knows how long it will take to download my 12,000 photos. I'm a long time Apple user and this is my 3rd iPhone going from the iPhone 4 to the 6 and onto the 7 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Carrying around 12,000 photos on a phone is madness!!

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Carrying around 12,000 photos on a phone is madness!!

Its all backed up to the cloud and I pay 99c a month for the extra capacity.

Advertisement