Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with my Pond

Options
  • 22-11-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

the pond is small and for now, empty. I was thinking of buying koi but I look at it and it's too small for a koi to swim around.
    The other thing about my pond is sometimes the water can be slightly cool for even a fighting fish to survive. Is it true that there are only a few fish who can survive in ponds? My pond already has few plants here and there but still I'm not sure how the fish will get enough oxygen...
    any advice or ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Goldfish are best kept in ponds.

Plants will help with filtration but you'll still need some form of pump to keep the water moving and aerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

How big is the pond?

Fighting fish (Bettas) definitely can't be kept in one, they need heated tanks. Maybe a fancy goldfish? They don't grow as big as the standard ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Comets do very well in a pond and are very tolerant of temperature variations etc. Make sure teh pond is planted to provide shade and oxygen.

Advertisement