Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utorch UT01 1xAA flashlight €10 shipped Gearbest

Options
  • 22-11-2017 1:38pm

https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_555777.html

Code BlackFriday81 brings it to $9.99 ex shipping. Code only works on 6500K model (cool white beam tint)

This was very well reviewed at $20 and considered one of the better AA flashlights at that price point.
    IMG_3596-1024x826.jpg
    beamshot-1.jpg

Compact, multimode, AR coated glass, extremely bright with AAs. Turbo mode is 400 Lumen with an eneloop which is exceptional for a single AA. It can take 14500s (AA sized 3.7v li-ion cells) which go even brighter (800 lumen).

Approx 1/3 of users are reporting switching issues which is probably why it is so heavily discounted. They report that after a period of being off, tailcap needs to be unscrewed a tiny bit, then screwed back (ie cutting power to the circuit) in order to turn back on. If you get a good one..bargain. If you get a bad one, you could probably get a refund or replacement. I think it's worth the risk personally but don't say you weren't warned.

Comments

Got it for €9.70 by unregged post. Also note that Quidco are giving a nice 4%.

Here is the BLF thread where they are discussing the switching issue:
    http://budgetlightforum.com/node/57233/results

I paid with Paypal and my intention is to get a replacement/refund if it has the switching issue. Gearbest customer service is not great but if you keep hounding them and open a paypal case they usually do right in the end. Again, if you don't want to risk this hassle, don't buy, consider yourself warned. If you get a good one it's an extremely good torch for the money.

Heck buying anything on GearBest is a punt at this time of year! The biggest hurdle is the thing actually turning up let alone have a small flaw! :)

Heck buying anything on GearBest is a punt at this time of year! The biggest hurdle is the thing actually turning up let alone have a small flaw! :)
    Yep, the Chinese postal system is going to be clogged due to 11.11 and our own system will be clogged closer to xmas.

I don't find GB too bad tbh, everything i've ordered has showed up eventually. I keep a spreadsheet of orders and ship/arrival dates...which probably means I am ordering too much junk from China :pac:

Wouldn't trust them for anything expensive though.

Arrived this morning. Will post back when I get a chance to test for that flaw you mentioned. Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

Arrived this morning. Will post back when I get a chance to test for that flaw you mentioned. Thanks! :)
    Mine came a while ago (had ordered 11.11), no issues thus far.

It's a great little torch for the money and one of the brightest 1xAA on the market (needs a good NiMH battery eg Eneloop to achieve full brightness).

There is a hidden Pro mode which allows each of the 4 brightness levels (low, med, high, turbo) to be tweaked slightly.

To access it, hold the switch (from off). After around 10s it flashes twice to denote it is now in Pro mode.

Now that you are in Pro mode, double-click to access the 'blinky' mode group. Then single click to cycle through the modes: strobe, SOS, beacon, turbo, battery check, level set.

In 'level set' it cycles through 3 possible sub-levels for each brightness level. It starts on low so cycles Low1/Low2/Low3 in a loop. Click on the one you want, then it moves to Med and so on. You need a good & fresh NiMH to see any difference between Turbo1/2/3.

Once you have set all 4 modes it comes back to strobe and you can double-click to get out of the blinky group. To get back into General Mode, from off hold switch for 10s and it flashes once to denote you are back in normal mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Mine only arrived yesterday, didn't get a chance to use it yet but it looks to be very good quality.

Advertisement