Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish in Canada :Success or failure

Options
  • 22-11-2017 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Here in canada over a couple years now.

I see many Irish come and go.

I reckon quality of life just as good at home what do you think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Have to agree with this in the most part. From what I can see in Vancouver I think there are a lot of barriers in place for people with professional qualifications making progression in their fields more difficult. From what I've seen it's people with trades who do best here compared to at home.
    I know Toronto has a lot more big business than the west coast so maybe it's completely different there.
    There's no question that the availability of outdoor pursuits here is second to none and the summer weather has been amazing, but the short annual leave and lower salaries I find to be a big block to a long term future here.
    I'm having a great time here and am looking into PR to give Toronto a try after Vancouver, it's been a great opportunity to see Canada and more of the States, but I can't see myself here for the long run.

Advertisement