Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempeh and Seitan in dublin

Options
  • 21-11-2017 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Anybody know where in dublin can i buy these and what prices they are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

thegame wrote: »
    Anybody know where in dublin can i buy these and what prices they are?

For tempeh, best price I've found is in Asian market. Drury street. I typically make my own seitan so can't help there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

The Hopsack in Rathmines, Swan Centre, has both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

For tempeh, Asia Market has the best prices but availability is hit and miss. Nourish will nearly always have it in stock, but VERY pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I bought yaksai tempeh in jars from amazon and made my own seitan from gluten. I prefer the dry tempeh to the stuff in jars, but the jarred stuff is nice if you dry it before cooking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tempeh from asian supermarkets is a fraction of the price. Seitan can be got from all the healthfood shops. Personally love the moodley manner stuff. Just picked up their seitan roast for christmas. Stuffed with sausage and stuffing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Was in the Asian grocery on Capel Street yesterday and they had a price tag for tempeh on the shelf, which of course I can't remember the figure :rolleyes: but it was a good price. Their tofu is cheaper than Asia Market or Oriental Emporium too. There wasn't any actual tempeh, just a price tag, but I was assured it is something they stock regularly and were just sold out of at the moment!

Advertisement