Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Gardaí operation in Galway (Possible Hostage situation)

Options
  • 21-11-2017 6:14pm

Galway Bay fm newsroom – A street in the heart of the city is closed this afternoon as garda carry out an operation.

St. Brendan’s Avenue, Woodquay has been blocked off by garda vehicles at both ends.

It’s understood gardaí are focusing on a house at that location but cannot give further information about the nature of the operation while it is currently underway.

Source: Galway Bay FM/Connacht Tribune

Not a lot of information at the moment, but it's very odd to have armed Gardaí active on the streets of Galway.

Heard someone mention a possible hostage situation, not no information confirming as of yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Heard someone mention a possible hostage situation, not no information confirming as of yet.
    Folks. This is a special moment. To be present at the birth of a genuine unfounded online rumour!

I’d like to add to this, if I may? I heard it’s aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sideshow Cecil

endacl wrote: »
    Folks. This is a special moment. To be present at the birth of a genuine unfounded online rumour!

Hold on there a sec... aliens being held hostage or taking hostage??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Wouldn't it be gas if they were found to have been inflating hostage situations over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Hold on there a sec... aliens being held hostage or taking hostage??

That Ed Sheeran fella is mixed up with it I heard, anytime anything exciting happens he just disappears into outer space. But he's come back for this one, and this time he's brought an extraterrestrial entourage from the red planet back with him. The situation is quite hard to read accurately at the moment. Galwegians don't seem too fazed at the moment, reports say that tin whistle playing and hash smoking are carrying on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

BV4p4EcCMAALZSG.png

• Advertisement

Locals on the scene reporting that a young man has barricaded himself in the house. Not certain whether he's alone or has someone there.

http://galwaybayfm.ie/major-garda-incident-ongoing-house-woodquay/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

I barricaded myself in the jacks once after a night on the Guinness. I needed to see a shrink after that..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I just heard it's a swamp monster, scooby and the gang are on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    I barricaded myself in the jacks once after a night on the Guinness. I needed to see a shrink after that..

I was locked inside a toilet in a house I rented for two days. My house mate left for the weekend. I locked the jacks and the key broke. There was no window in this toilet. My phone wasn’t with me.

Never lock those doors, folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

I was locked inside a toilet in a house I rented for two days. My house mate left for the weekend. I locked the jacks and the key broke. There was no window in this toilet. My phone wasn’t with me.

Never lock those doors, folks.

Still handy if you needed to drop a log no?

• Advertisement

Turns out it was a young man that had barricaded himself into his house. He must have been armed and posed a decent threat to himself and others for the Armed Gardaí to be called out. Thankfully it ended peacefully and the man is undergoing treatment at UCHG. Here's hoping he'll get the treatment and care that he needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Turns out it was a young man that had barricaded himself into his house. He must have been armed and posed a decent threat to himself and others for the Armed Gardaí to be called out. Thankfully it ended peacefully and the man is undergoing treatment at UCHG. Here's hoping he'll get the treatment and care that he needs.

So the first reply was correct????

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

endacl wrote: »

Illegal ones or...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

So the first reply was correct????

Tongue was validly in cheek at the time of posting.

Advertisement