Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting up Christmas lights - advice please!

Options
  • 21-11-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

:confused: I wasn't sure where to post this but here is as good as any. I want to install Christmas lights around the roof area of the house. I have two issues. One, the house is very high and may be inaccessible and two, there is no gutter on which to attach clips or hooks for lighting cable. I've attached a picture of the roof. It's may be difficult to see. I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the direction.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ok be carful here.
    You have what looks like a parapet wall detail.

Don’t hammer or nail into the white render as that’s the water resistant layer for the block work behind it and it will crack.

You could try drilling hooks into the callings at the very top and have them
    Properly fixed so that you can just hang the wire from them. You wouldn’t be penetrating any Damp proofing or sensitive layers in the building fabric.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It's going to look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Lovelyboy

Expand please!
    It's going to look terrible.

Advertisement