Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti LGBT politician caught doing what he hates.

Options
  • 20-11-2017 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

A high profile anti LGBT politician in America has resigned having been caught having sex with a man in his workplace.

"It is one of the biggest clichés in the book.
    The biggest homophobes and the loudest anti-LGBT protesters are usually the ones harbouring a secret desire to get it on with another member of the same sex.

Whether or not this is universally the case, there is no way to know, but it is definitely true in this example.

Say hello to Republican State Representative Wes Goodman from Ohio.

Goodman was staunchly anti-LGBT, having once told The Independent that 'natural [i.e., heterosexual] marriage is the only valid martial option'.
    Earlier this week, Goodman, who is married, to a woman, resigned from his position in the government, after allegedly being found in his office having sex with another man."

https://www.joe.ie/amp/news/anti-lgbt-politician-resigns-caught-sex-another-man-office-607002

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Goodman Wes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

What a silly billy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

He was probably just doing it for research purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,532 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Their shouts of hatred and distain for the LGBT community are usually just transferred hatred for the fact that they force themselves to live a lie, it’s like jealousy for those who are honest with themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭seenitall

Goodman was staunchly anti-LGBT, having once told The Independent that 'natural [i.e., heterosexual] marriage is the only valid MARTIAL option'

Ah, that's harsh. I bet homosexual marriages can be just as fractious and war-like! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Maybe he was just really just for making all marriage illegal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭.red.

Karma,
    It really is a bitch!

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

_Brian wrote: »
    Their shouts of hatred and distain for the LGBT community are usually just transferred hatred for the fact that they force themselves to live a lie, it’s like jealousy for those who are honest with themselves.
    It's a kind of projection.

It's theorised that the most strident anti-LGB* campaigners in the western world are if not gay, then at least bisexual. They recognise the urges in themselves, but believing them to be "wrong", they suppress the urges, believing that they can hold them back.

But they don't realise that other people don't struggle with this. They don't understand that their straight friends don't find the same sex attractive, and don't go to full mast when Tom Cruise is on screen with no shirt on.

They assume that everyone feels like they do, that it's a choice. And of course then, homosexuals living a happy and "out" life are an affront to all of this. They are proof that you don't have to bury your urges, that you can be both gay and happy.

If you've taught yourself that being gay is awful and evil, then the scene of a happy gay couple is an attack on that belief. And evidence tells us that when presented with contradictory evidence, people tend to cling more strongly onto their beliefs rather than change them.

And thus they seek to fight against this affront to their own personal struggle.

In less liberal societies, homosexuality has become caught up in all sorts of insinuations of various sexual perversions. Like it has been not so long ago, people who engaged in homosexuality were considered omniperverts who would have sex with babies, children, animals, statues, people in their sleep, etc etc.

So people who are stridently anti-gay in those societies tend not to be acting out of latent gay feelings, but rather pure ignorant fear.

*T is a different matter, though usually the motivation is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

seamus wrote: »
    And evidence tells us that when presented with contradictory evidence, people tend to cling more strongly onto their beliefs rather than change them.

If I was being bummed over my office desk, I'd cling to whatever the fúck I could get hold of!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

A high profile anti LGBT politician in America has resigned having been caught having sex with a man in his workplace.

He doesn't hate it, just didn't like being found out as a hypocrite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement