Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei B593-22 Wifi Problems

Options
  • 20-11-2017 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Hi All....

I've had a Huawei B593-22 for the past few years. In common (I assume) with other 4G routers, it needs the very occasional reboot via the control panel in a browser after which it works fine again for months.
    However, recently, I've had difficulty in connecting to wifi. If I do a full reboot (unplug, leave for a minute or so and plug in again) I can connect to the wifi network...but that will only last for a few hours after which the same problem returns.

Any ideas on whether I need a new router (was thinking of going for a B315 or B525) or whether a new SIM will make any difference?

E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Replacing SIM will do no harm and I believe it is free. However, SIM would be responsible for providing authentication to your ISP to get internet connection and/or other services, not for WiFi

Does your Ethernet (wire) connectivity, if any, drops same time as WiFi?

Can you confirm this is routers WiFi issue, not client (phone, laptop, etc?)

Does your client devices register other available WiFi's in your location, neighbors perhaps? Try change channel or set to "Auto" and see if it have effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Replacing SIM will do no harm and I believe it is free. However, SIM would be responsible for providing authentication to your ISP to get internet connection and/or other services, not for WiFi

Does your Ethernet (wire) connectivity, if any, drops same time as WiFi?

Can you confirm this is routers WiFi issue, not client (phone, laptop, etc?)

Does your client devices register other available WiFi's in your location, neighbors perhaps? Try change channel or set to "Auto" and see if it have effect.

Good pertinent questions :-)

I've connected to the Huawei by ethernet (using an android media box) and can access internet on the browser on that. So it looks like the router can connect to the ISP.

I did a scan of other wireless networks in the area...(I'm in a rural area..nearest neighbour is about 50 metres away) and there's only one other network which is on channel 6...mine is on channel 1.

I can't connect to the network via my smart phone or my laptop so it seems like it's the router's wifi that's the problem.

I suspect I'm looking at a new router....any thoughts on which I should go for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't use the Wifi on my B593-22, however because I need a wifi antenna for range reasons I have a wifi access point which takes an antenna plugged into one of the B593-22's ethernet ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Using Huawei B593-22 myself for last 4~5 years now - very happy, and quick answer from me would be swap it like-to-like.
    I have tryed Huavei E5186s-22, successor, but in my case was't any improovment on signal (rural area ) but gives you Gig LAN. Cant comment on WiFi with this one as not using Huawei's WiFi at all(disabled), have Cisco AP set to cover the house
    On the other hand would like to believe there are other models/brands available and will follow this tread for my own future considerations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I decided to bite the bullet and get a new b525 and new SIM too...i need decent internet access for work...ill see how I get on...😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

exaisle wrote:
    I decided to bite the bullet and get a new b525 and new SIM too...i need decent internet access for work...ill see how I get on...😊

Did you get the B525 & if so what is its performance like. Where did you purchase it?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Did you get the B525 & if so what is its performance like. Where did you purchase it?
    I have B525 from amazon, very good

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iwantbroadband

@exaisle

I'm having the exact same wifi problems, everything is fine, then suddenly wifi disconnects from all devices, SSIDs still show up in a wifi search, but you cannot connect to them. I either have to restart the box and it's fine again, or sometimes if I wait 10-15mins it comes back again of its own accord. Also in a rural setting with no other APs, have 6-8 smartphones and laptops, 2 chromecasts.

I've changed my wifi settings tonight from both WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK with TKIP AND AES, to just WPA2-PSK and AES (most modern standard) to see if this will make any difference. Its the only thing I can think of that might make a difference.

I had not tested to see if ethernet is still working during these wifi outages, but if it is for me, then I'll likely get a new wireless AP which will hopefully sort it. But want to see if there's an easier solution first.

Advertisement