Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Lohunda area of Clonsilla like?

Options
  • 19-11-2017 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello,
    Went to view a house in the Lohunda Creascent area recently, nice enough house and the road seemed ok but we are a bit concerned by the look of some of the surrounding areas including near the shops (north of Lohunda).

We are not from the area in general but wanted to get an idea of this neighborhood before committing. So far I've read really mixed opinions about the general area but little on Lohunda.
    I've done the usual google/news search of the area and found some worrying stories but nothing that would put us off too much.

We have put up with some serious anti-social behavior over the past 5 years where we are currently living (South side) and definitely looking to avoid any more so any local input about that sort of thing would be a huge help.
    Basically I'm trying to get a sense of how safe it is.

Thanks for any information.
    (P.S I understand these threads are not popular so even if you could PM me details about the area pros and cons would mean the world).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Sent you pm

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

amtc wrote: »
    Sent you pm

Could you PM me the same also, looking at the area.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭africates

same here pls

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sean_irl

If you could PM me also, would be grateful. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

I would appreciate the same pm. Im in looking at houses and 1 in Lohunda takes my fancy.
    thank you.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭AlanG

Lohunda seems to be a pretty good area and everyone I know from there is very nice. If you ask about any area on an internet forum then you usually get anyone who comes for a slightly better area saying the place is a kip and giving horror stories, some of which will be true and some a total exaggeration. In my experience Lohunda is generally a good working / middle class area with mostly settled homeowners.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭bkeane

Lived in the Lohunda area for the last 20 years and have not too many problems.
    A fair few houses rented out but that's the same as any where. Had a few problems with renters playing loud music etc. but nothing too serious.
    If looking at schools St. Philips is the main one but most try and get into St. Mochta (not in catchment area though) or Scoill Oliver.
    Most houses are from the seventy's so will need a lot of work to get them modernised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭forward8

Just wanted to thank everyone who gave advice on the location.
    After spending quite a few days in the area and contacting the garda station we were more than happy to go ahead.

The bus and train links were a huge advantage and the pub on clonsilla road was a lovely spot for a pint.

The houses just across the Ongar distributor road were beautiful but serious $.
    Anyway thanks again!

Advertisement