Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension drawings Dublin

Options
  • 19-11-2017 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

We are hoping to build an extension next year - basically to open up small back sitting room, very small kitchen and extend. I am not sure of size yet, really will depend on price. Would rather go with quality over size. So as we are just starting out I am wondering if we are ok going with a technician to draw up plans or should we use an architect? It's a midterrace old council type house in Dublin. Any advice where to start would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A technician is preferable to an architect in some situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TearFairy

Thanks Mellor, how do I know which to look for? Sorry it's all new to me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ask people you know for recommendations.
    Then ask the person for examples of their work.

Truth be told, if this is a standard box extension to the rear it’s straight forward for anyone that does this for a living.

You have to decide if the technician V Architect is to do with cost savings or because it’s such a straight forward job.

Also you may still require sign off at stages for the bank and if finding yourself then you’ll need a cert on completion for future use.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TearFairy

Apologies Kceire, only seeing your reply now. Yep looking for a tech to do the drawings because it is a pretty simple small extension to a mid terrace house. Would still like to have it signed off as compliant with building regs also

Thanks for the advice

Advertisement