Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The School

Options
  • 18-11-2017 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen the the new RTE comedy "The School"? I've tried watching it on the player but it keeps freezing and acting the maggot. From what I've managed to watch it seems to have a "The office" vibe about it. Is it worth persevering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mankelland

Like all comedy (and indeed, all art) it's subjective. But I thought it was funny. I believe it will be on TV too, so it might be worth waiting for that without the maggot-acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I will wait until it's on TV, I can't stand the RTE Player, with the constant and unskippable ads it's such an out and out fooked up piece of technology that's a bloody national scandal that licence payers have to be exposed to, compare it to the BBC Player and zero ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I will wait until it's on TV, I can't stand the RTE Player, with the constant and unskippable ads it's such an out and out fooked up piece of technology that's a bloody national scandal that licence payers have to be exposed to, compare it to the BBC Player and zero ads.

Yes! I was curious to see this but it kept freezing and I reloaded and watched the same ads a couple of times and it still kept freezing. I recluctantly pay my tv licence but surely they could have a decent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is that?

M

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When is that?

I'd guess somewhere between 2 weeks and a month, with Christmas on the horizon though perhaps it will move in to January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When is that?

The School starts on RTE Two at 10:35pm on Thursday 23rd November.

It is a Mockumentary from Cork sketch group CCCahoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just watched the first one there on the player!
    Ah it's very good!

M

Heads up, starts in 20 minutes. 1035 RTE 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well it wasn't too bad, some funny parts, good to hear the Cork accent on primetime tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Jesus, caught this last night. Dreadful.

The characters are all unlikable, one dimensional cliches (haughty principal, incompetent subordinate, horny secretary etc.), the kids are explaining things that require no explanation, the jokes, already thin on the ground, are pitifully bad and WHY THE F*** is yer man wearing a wig? It doesn't look like hair and it's there in every scene making the whole thing look like a cheap 1990s-era D'unbelieveables sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

I watched the first one last night. I rather enjoyed it... I do love those mockumentry style shows though, I was waiting for Michael Scott to walk in.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I watched it and it comes accross much better on TV than on than player. I found it kind of charming. It's in the wrong time slot though. Favourite line was "There's a word for children like this, its .... scum, I mean challenging.
    I will tune in next week.

Advertisement