Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a wooden front door to uPVC - cost?

Options
  • 18-11-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭

We have a wooden front door, with a stable style door, and 2 glass panels either side.

Its isn't the best in terms of keeping out the cold, although its on a porch and not the house itself.

I was wondering roughly how much it would cost to change the whole unit to PVC? It measured 2.15m wide x 1.6m high.

Something along these lines
    c9cb67446bebfec2ddb1d3ba4222876f--black-front-doors-modern-front-door.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

NIMAN wrote: »
    We have a wooden front door, with a stable style door, and 2 glass panels either side.

1. Its isn't the best in terms of keeping out the cold, although its on a porch and not the house itself.

2. I was wondering roughly how much it would cost to change the whole unit to PVC? It measured 2.15m wide x 1.6m high.

]
    1. If you don’t heat the porch, should you be changing the inner door to one with better thermal properties ?
    2. 1000-5000€ Cost depends on thermal performance, security, etc etc

Thermally: Look for something with an overall u-value below 1.0wm2k (passive standard is 0.8wm2k)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Looking for something the exact same myself hoping a few more people can add a rough price either upvc or composite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

NIMAN wrote: »

Its isn't the best in terms of keeping out the cold, although its on a porch and not the house itself.

I was wondering roughly how much it would cost to change the whole unit to PVC? It measured 2.15m wide x 1.6m high.

Something along these lines
    c9cb67446bebfec2ddb1d3ba4222876f--black-front-doors-modern-front-door.jpg

A composite Palladio door with 2 sidelights would be around €2250k. Palladio are the best composite door on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

A composite Palladio door with 2 sidelights would be around €2250k. Palladio are the best composite door on the market.

This. Go composite for security, finish, and termal effectiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I priced a Palladio door recently, and although I can’t recall the exact measurements, I’m pretty sure they were bigger than what you’ve given. It’s about 2.5 m sq I think- with a bigger panel at each side than in your photo, and a panel across the top also.
    The price was €3200, I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

jlm29 wrote: »
    I priced a Palladio door recently, and although I can’t recall the exact measurements, I’m pretty sure they were bigger than what you’ve given. It’s about 2.5 m sq I think- with a bigger panel at each side than in your photo, and a panel across the top also.
    The price was €3200, I think!

My mother got a San Marco Palladio door with Side light 1.5mtrs(door 1m sidelight .5m) and a Dublin Palladio door for the back no sidelight for €3600.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Palladio door with your measurements is 2700 fitted with old door taken away...

Advertisement