Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some dolphins beside the boat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Some nice underwater shots there at around 3 mins, and the dolphin sonar sound has come out well on it too.
    Was that a go-pro camera? You're giving David Attenborough a run for his money with that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭nokiatom

recedite wrote: »
    Some nice underwater shots there at around 3 mins, and the dolphin sonar sound has come out well on it too.
    Was that a go-pro camera? You're giving David Attenborough a run for his money with that one :)
    Thanks for your comment. Yes it is a GoPro. I was surprised the sounds came out so well as the camera was encased in a waterproof housing and it dosent have an outside microphone. It was my first time recording dolphins underwater and thankfully they were swimming slowly as otherwise i wouldn't be able to hold the camera with the speed of the boat. Did you also notice that a pair of them seemed to be mating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

That is fantastic footage fair play. Thanks for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

nokiatom wrote: »
    Did you also notice that a pair of them seemed to be mating?
    Just watched it again and yes, the female is on top. Funny how they don't even slow down their swimming for it!

I'm surprised the engine noise from the boat hasn't drowned out all the sound, is it a fairly quiet engine or is it just that the noise does not travel much into the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭nokiatom

Its an outboard engine and it was only ticking over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement