Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a dishwasher repair in Dublin 12

Options
  • 18-11-2017 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a tradesman to do a dishwasher repair job in Crumlin. I put it on tradesman.ie but got no response. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone to take a look, get the parts if needed and repair the machine?

Thanks,
    Fiona

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

fona wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a tradesman to do a dishwasher repair job in Crumlin. I put it on tradesman.ie but got no response. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone to take a look, get the parts if needed and repair the machine?

Thanks,
    Fiona

Why not just call the agent. A friend got a guy online who said he could fix her machine. 12 hours and 2 days later she called the agents. Had it fixed in 30 minutes by the professionals

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

Why not just call the agent. A friend got a guy online who said he could fix her machine. 12 hours and 2 days later she called the agents. Had it fixed in 30 minutes by the professionals

Not sure what you mean by agent?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There's a place on Windmill Rd called Sharfix that sells and repairs washing machines, dishwashers etc. I bought a 2nd hand washing machine off them a couple of years ago and it's still going strong.

(01) 455 6484 (087) 225 4606 are the phone numbers on the sticker on my washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

fona wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by agent?

There are agents for distribution and repair based on the make of the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

what make is the dishwasher and how old?

Recently got ours "repaired" ... 180 euro and turns out it didn't fix the problem. I called him back out and he said the part required would be another 150euro. I decided to cut my loses and get a new one for. Rather than sinking 330 into an 8 yr old dishwasher .

I learned a lesson, i should have just got a new one to start with (or a better dishwasher repair guy).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You need to weigh up the age of the machine against potential repair costs and the price of a comparable new machine. If its anywhere near 10 year old I wouldn't waste money on it, hold back and buy a new machine with a couple of years warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    There's a place on Windmill Rd called Sharfix that sells and repairs washing machines, dishwashers etc. I bought a 2nd hand washing machine off them a couple of years ago and it's still going strong.

(01) 455 6484 (087) 225 4606 are the phone numbers on the sticker on my washing machine.

Used this guy about 3 years ago, good job still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 10 owen78702

I've used Sharfix before and he is very good. A lebanese guy.

My 8 year old Belling dishwasher wasn't going through the cycle. I called a repair man who came to look at it......charged me €80 and told me that it was beyond economical repair as it needed a new PCB (printed circuit board). I ordered the PCB online (€51+ €7postage+€15customs=€73) as Dimpco was charging €125. It was easy enough to fit and the dishwasher is working perfectly now.

Advertisement