Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need specific seats, vertigo/claustrophobia issue, how do I get them.

Options
  • 17-11-2017 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭

Odd topic I know.

But I do need a seat where I can see the door and leave if I need to. I cannot be alone in this.

Ticketmaster seating maps are rubbish for this.

Has anyone else approached the venue to sort this out. It would make the gig SO MUCH more enjoyable. Haven't been to a gig for years now, and I would love to. Thanks.

I suppose what I am asking is has anyone phoned the venue to get a specific area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What venue?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

If you don't get any joy with the venues the best way to select a suitable seat might be to buy tickets at one of the TicketMaster kiosks, the staff member operating the kiosk might have more control over seat selection. I've always found them pretty helpful. There's kiosks in some of the shopping centres around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    If you don't get any joy with the venues the best way to select a suitable seat might be to buy tickets at one of the TicketMaster kiosks, the staff member operating the kiosk might have more control over seat selection. I've always found them pretty helpful. There's kiosks in some of the shopping centres around Dublin.

Great idea, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

For some events you can add in a 1 in the website address to get access to a proper seating plan.
    Eg for Buble:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/michael-buble-dublin-07-07-2018/event/1800536AE9FDEFA3?artistid=869115&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Change to www1.
    https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/michael-buble-dublin-07-07-2018/event/1800536AE9FDEFA3?artistid=869115&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Then order by best seats (on the right hand side) and have a peruse down through for a good lower one. You will know the exact section and row number.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Do you mind standing? Venue/gig dependent, that would seem the best bet as you can stand where you want.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thanks for the help folks. Vicar Street is a great place for people like me. There are seats at the back facing the stage and near the door, no one in front on the lowest tier, great if I need to escape!

Other venues not so good. Even with a seating map it appears to me that you are allocated tickets in a row, not a specifically selected seat, that puts me off, but maybe I am doing something wrong there!

Standing is brilliant too, but not all venues allow that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Can you still ring ticketmaster to book tickets or is that a thing of the very distance past?

Not asking you specifically Spanish eyes. More generally on your behalf! I presume for sellout gigs it's not going to be much use but perhaps for smaller ones?

Advertisement