Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat resistant wall cladding suggestions

Options
  • 17-11-2017 10:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have had a free standing wood burning stove fitted and now I need to install heat resistant cladding to the wall behind it.
    I was looking into vermiculite brick style sheets but they are proving hard to find, due to their fragile nature few stock them any more.

Could I instead use heat resistant brick/stone cladding?
    I see several projects out there that use it and I wonder would it work in my case?

This is the kind of stuff I mean
    link
    My arrangement is similar to the one in the image via the link.

Would this be suitable?
    http://stoneandstoves.ie/product/brown-quartz-natural-stone-panels/

or this?
    link

Any other suggestions would be welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

One thing i would of seen done a few times is cement backer boards put up and then tiled over.

Someone else may be able to confirm this arrangement as being suitable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Went with Vermiculite brick style boards at €60 each, needed four of them.

Thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

One thing i would of seen done a few times is cement backer boards put up and then tiled over.

Someone else may be able to confirm this arrangement as being suitable.

Yes I used hardy backer boards which are cement based when I put in the boiler stove. Here they are after opening fireplace wider and higher, and adding an arch and lintel, and before I added the brick slips.

1130429_orig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DonkeyDick1992

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Went with Vermiculite brick style boards at €60 each, needed four of them.

Thanks for the advice

Hi
    Apologies for reopening this thread but I'm just wondering what kind of adhesive you used to stick the panals on the wall as I am now doing something similar around my stove and need a heat resistant adhesive

Thanks

Advertisement