Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big family equals many fathers.

Options
  • 17-11-2017 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

So talking to some girl in work and mentioned that I have 5 sisters, which her reply is do you all have different dads. It was such an out of left field question that I received and have never been asked before.

So all the girls in my office seem to be of the belief that many siblings equals many fathers is the normal and one father and mother is abnormal.

I ask these questions coz all my family would be still very old school family.

Are they right? When did this change? What does that mean for society?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

JamboMac wrote: »
    So talking to some girl in work and mentioned that I have 5 sisters, which her reply is do you all have different dads. It was such an out of left field question that I received and have never been asked before.

So all the girls in my office seem to be of the belief that many siblings equals many fathers is the normal and one father and mother is abnormal.

All the girls think that? I think your lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'd this girls name Shaniqua?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Ballstein

You either
    A. Work in a chipper in Jobstown
    Or
    B. Your telling lies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

Yeah breeding like rabbits is normal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭Odhinn

..why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Ballstein wrote: »
    You either
    A. Work in a chipper in Jobstown
    Or
    B. Your telling lies

Office = chipper?

I was surprised about there opinion, but sadly not making this **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm sorry but I don't believe that. You exaggerate at best.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that. You exaggerate at best.

Trust me I expected some to be of ideology that big families doesn't mean many fathers, but got an overwhelming opposite response.

Now in saying this, it was only 5 girls, not entirety.
    But you would expect one at least to differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

Are they very young? The younger a person is, the more unusual a big family is for them.

Are they very young? The younger a person is, the more unusual a big family is for them.

Yeah all early 20's, but I wouldn't correlate many kids equals kids can't be from 1 mother 1 father.

• Advertisement
Advertisement