Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10" tablet

Options
  • 17-11-2017 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know of any bargains on 10" tablet. Will be used everyday just for normal use YouTube, Instagram, and bit of streaming, have a nexus 7 which is great but just wanted something with a bigger screen.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi, currently offers on Pigsback & Groupon from €60 - €75. Although if you used to the nexus you may not be overawed by the quality.

Have a look at Argos as a guide. I've recommended the Lenovo before (I had previously purchased 3 x 10in for myself & family and all were good). black Friday may throw up some interesting deals (or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Thanks im thinking of getting the Alcatel in Argos it has decent reviews and looks decent enough for my needs

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mathair

I got this tablet today for the same price in Currys - Great value

mathair wrote: »
    I got this tablet today for the same price in Currys - Great value

???? Which one

• Advertisement

Rocko wrote: »

I've had the 10in ones - very happy with them.

avfc1874 wrote: »
    Thanks im thinking of getting the Alcatel in Argos it has decent reviews and looks decent enough for my needs

Looks good -
    Battery life is less than the Lenovo (6 v 10). RAM is 1 v 2

Wonder how the Huawei MediaPad T3 10 Inch 16GB Tablet - Grey compares

Bravobabe wrote: »

Looks good -
    Battery life is less than the Lenovo (6 v 10). RAM is 1 v 2

Wonder how the Huawei MediaPad T3 10 Inch 16GB Tablet - Grey compares
    Hi I've narrowed my search down to 4 if any one could give me advice I'm not too tech savvy so any help would be appreciated, Amazon fire 10. 10"
    Samsung galaxy Tab e 9.6
    Alcatel 10" tablet
    Huawei media pad T3 10
    Thanks for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

Fire Hd 10 is great value at the moment plus has 2Gb ram and 32gb..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-HD-10-Tablet-With-Alexa-Hands-Free-1080P-Full-HD-Display-32-GB/dp/B01J6RPH46

Plus it is easy to add Google play store to Fire Hd if needed.. Loads of info on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

patq16 wrote: »
    Fire Hd 10 is great value at the moment plus has 2Gb ram and 32gb..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-HD-10-Tablet-With-Alexa-Hands-Free-1080P-Full-HD-Display-32-GB/dp/B01J6RPH46

Plus it is easy to add Google play store to Fire Hd if needed.. Loads of info on it...

Does the Amazon Fire tablet operate the same as any other tablet or has Amazon restricted any add ons user may require.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hi I've narrowed my search down to 4 if any one could give me advice I'm not too tech savvy so any help would be appreciated, Amazon fire 10. 10"
    Samsung galaxy Tab e 9.6
    Alcatel 10" tablet
    Huawei media pad T3 10
    Thanks for any advice

The Huawei is down to 99.99, though currently out of stock (still orderable), on Amazon.
    Reviews are good.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Samsung galaxy Tab e 9.6
    Alcatel 10" tablet
    Huawei media pad T3 10
    Thanks for any advice

The Huawei is down to 99.99, though currently out of stock (still orderable), on Amazon.
    Reviews are good.
    Think I might go with the Amazon fire very good reviews and spec

Well whatever you get - post a review after using it for a week or so.

I would think the Amazon Fire is very good. But you may/will not be able to able to apps from the Play Store (maybe you don't need to?)
    If you like particular functions/apps to play/download music/movies/etc. - check to see that these work on the Fire. If satisfied - go for it.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Think I might go with the Amazon fire very good reviews and spec

Yeah I've one of the 7" ones, though rooted and running stock Android.
    The newer ones can't be rooted, but you can install Play Store and a different launcher to remove some of the Amazon-heavy aspect.

Apart from that, they're certainly great value, as Amazon are essentially selling them cheap to try and tie you in to their 'ecosystem'

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Samsung Galaxy Tab a is in Harvey Norman for 199 saw an ad for it

Going to get it for my other half

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Lidl have a Lenovo 10.1 1900x1200 res tab for 150 this weekend.
    It has 2gb ram and 1.7 quad core.

I think it only goes to marshmallow in updates though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

any good deals going on 9 - 10 inch tablets?? price range between 100 -150.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Maybe go for a second hand Galaxy Tab 4 - can get them fairly cheap now - have had one now for a good few years and still going strong - can go days with videos, youtube, email etc between charges, though if you plan on streaming for hours on end then you're gonna have a problem with most tablets

Decent battery size especially if you plan on doing a lot of streaming - cheaper tablets will have crap batteries that drain down in no time - easy to replace the battery in the Galaxy

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

2nd hand is probably ok but depending on age I reckon it should come with a new battery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Looking to give it as a gift so looking for something new with decent spec. Brand dosnt bother me. Best iv come across in my price range has been this bush tablet in argos

10" screen
    32GB storage
    Android 7

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7545513/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice,+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_50000560%7CiPads,+tablets+and+e-readers%7C50000561.htm

The 8" version is the same price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

evosteo wrote: »
    Looking to give it as a gift so looking for something new with decent spec. Brand dosnt bother me. Best iv come across in my price range has been this bush tablet in argos

10" screen
    32GB storage
    Android 7

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7545513/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice,+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_50000560%7CiPads,+tablets+and+e-readers%7C50000561.htm

The 8" version is the same price

Samsung tab a lte was 150£ , amazon uk,in the last few days i got one for missus

Advertisement